All OS Suggest me choose a good Tablet/ipad.

Deafpunter

Recruit
Greetings everyone. I was currently looking for a tablet or an ipad for my mother but unable to decide which would be better. Mostly gonna be using this for web browsing and playing video files from my external HDD which are in HEVC formats (10bit.x265 codecs). Would prefer something with a good screen as she is accustomed to Amoled screen of her phone. She is an Android user if it matters and loves playing Pokemon Go. :D (Not really sure about PokemonGo ipad vs tab version performance). Not looking for anything particularly expensive as I am also saving for a PC. If anyone with sufficient knowledge can help I would be much obliged.

10th gen base iPad is USB-C, but with USB 2.0 speeds, not sure how well your movie playback will work off of the external HDD. The screen is great and the gaming & web browsing is buttery smooth. This costs 33k. Avoid the 9th gen iPad.

If that's too much then for the second best option is probably to go with samsung, try their tabs at their outlet.

The other brands in terms of tablet market, realme, redmi, motorola, lenovo, oneplus, oppo, xiaomi, I consider subpar when compared to the above two.

Just buy a used M1 ipad being sold here otherwise many tablets like Xaomi Pad 6 , Samsung S series should be good enough.
They have expandable SD card slot( most of them just check) buy a good speed micro sd card and enjoy your content without having to carry your HDD around all the time.

Because it is possible that you might physically damage your Tab/Ipad's type C port unless you keep your tab at fixed place/stand .

IPS 2k display are much cheaper on Chinese tablets. otherwise you have to raise your budget if you want high quality display from Samsung and Apple.

Recently Samsung S9 Fe+ was being sold for Rs 25-26k plus. joh sahi deal hai.

Last edited:
I would go with an iPad PRO. But that one is crazy expensive.

You could try a Lenovo 13 inch tablet or a Samsung Galaxy pro for the screen size and the display.

Best option would be a Amazon Fire tablet but those ones are not available in India.

10th gen base iPad is USB-C, but with USB 2.0 speeds, not sure how well your movie playback will work off of the external HDD. The screen is great and the gaming & web browsing is buttery smooth. This costs 33k. Avoid the 9th gen iPad.

If that's too much then for the second best option is probably to go with samsung, try their tabs at their outlet.

The other brands in terms of tablet market, realme, redmi, motorola, lenovo, oneplus, oppo, xiaomi, I consider subpar when compared to the above two.
I feel like the 9th gen iPad is a better value proposition, especially cause it's always discounted and will easily handle Pokemon Go, except for the design and marginally better battery life I don't really see a lot of difference between the 9th and 10th.

I feel like the 9th gen iPad is a better value proposition, especially cause it's always discounted and will easily handle Pokemon Go, except for the design and marginally better battery life I don't really see a lot of difference between the 9th and 10th.
at this price may as well consider the xaomi pad 6

It is, but with upgrade like Type-C, it makes the old model look obsolete. Also, 7nm vs 5nm also great, will get updates for longer, bigger screen for extra 4.5k seems worth it.
That's fair although, I bought one for my dad for 24k during a sale, ended up using it for a while since he preferred my iPad Air M1(preferred the pencil since he's a product designer), however for me I found the 9th gen iPad just as good as the Air in terms of daily usage, the Air did have type C, snappier perfomance, but taking use case into consideration I would say it's better to cheap out than chase marginal returns. Of course if the price difference is a mere 4.5k then buying the 10th gen makes a lot of sense.

Back