Suggest me some GPRS plans

krishnandu

Skilled
Hey friends, It's time to know about GRPS plans, As I'll be subscribing one.

I use Vodafone.

I've an Aircel SIM too.(I don't use that). You can suggest schemes from any other service provider too. Like Airtel, Docomo etc. If it's really VFM I'll buy the SIM.

And please mention the hidden charges and terms and condition. Like many service provider promote as Unlimited Surfing and then treats Clicking a thumnail images as downloading. I want to be alert of this type of shit's

Aircel - 98 unlimited , no conditions , slow speeds , good only for browsing .

Airtel - 98 - 2 GB / month , decent speeds if you have EDGE connectivity (almost all areas do)

I heard about a 95 Rs 500 mb plan on Vodafone but thats only on select circles , you will have to call CC and ask .

+1 to the Airtel 2GB Plan

I'd suggest you do not take Vodafone, since I made the same mistake a month ago on my friend's persistence. Vodafone offers 500MB/month for Rs.95/-, but you can ONLY access HTTP protocol, which means you cannot connect to IM services, mail services like IMAP, etc. Plus, to be frank, you WILL never use 2GB, to the most, you'd hit 500-600mB on the phone, with speeds like those, I'd be frustrated.

Most of all, Airtel plan allows you to connect your mobile to the laptop and access internet, which Vodafone doesn't. I bought Vodafone a month ago and I'm repenting now, ah well, I've exhausted my credit and will be buying an Airtel connection tomorrow.

^^Thanks. I've to buy an Airtel SIM for that. Actually I'm using Vodafine for 5yrs and now if I change my no I've to inform everyone again(From bank to friends).

That is why I'm asking for Vodafone plans.

I'm going through the same problem, I'm using Idea (PostPaid) for the past 4 years now, but sadly they have NO good Edge/GPRS plans either on Pre or Post. So I have no option but to change service providers.

And do check if the 500MB/month plan is valid in your city.

+1 for the above comment... vodafone sucks.. when it comes to data plans....if u r just using it in the phone.. consider docomo tooo.. 48 recharge, 100MB regular and 2GB nite(11 to 7), thats is only if u dont have aircel edge tower near u.... else aircel rocks

Airtel 2GB plan is really good. Using on phone or even on PC, 2GB is something you might not exhaust. Speeds are decent enough with EDGE connectivity and on mobile with opera mini browser it simply rocks.

sibot said:
I'd suggest you do not take Vodafone, since I made the same mistake a month ago on my friend's persistence. Vodafone offers 500MB/month for Rs.95/-, but you can ONLY access HTTP protocol, which means you cannot connect to IM services, mail services like IMAP, etc. Plus, to be frank, you WILL never use 2GB, to the most, you'd hit 500-600mB on the phone, with speeds like those, I'd be frustrated.

Interesting information.

What is the difference between Vodafone Mobile Connect and Vodafone Live? Do both of them only support the HTTP protocol?

@OP,

As I see that you are from Kolkata, I'd advise not to take the AIRCEL one. I've used it a few times ( the 14/- offer ). The speed really sucks in spite of EDGE connectivity. Rather, if you can test the BSNL plan ( decent in EDGE ) with what Anubis posted about 3G mode in 2G SIM, it might come handy too. :)

Thanks everyone for putting in your comments(experience).

Looks like max suggestion is in for of Airtel. I would like to try that. But before that I would like to try Aircel for minimal 14/- coz many of my friends are using it and they are really happy. They get 28kBps in torrent/direct downloads.

So I would test Aircel once to jyst test if luckily a twr of aircel is also beside my house..!! :)

Otherwise Airtel.

Or as said by sabby the trick by Anubis may come handy :)

Grease Monk said:
Interesting information.

What is the difference between Vodafone Mobile Connect and Vodafone Live? Do both of them only support the HTTP protocol?

With Vodafone Mobile Connect you can connect your Mobile to PC(datacable, infrared, bluetooth, pc suite etc.) and access Internet(where your mobile serves as modem)

Whereas Vodafone Live is just for browsing in mobile only. You can't connect to PC for browsing.

ALSO, with Vodafone Live you can only access HTTP protocol and nothing else, which means you cannot access IM services, IMAP, POP, et al.

My friend was using Aircel in Delhi and the services SUCKED.

Back