Suggest me some GPRS plans

using tata docomo 48 special recharge 100 mb day 2 gb night.[11 pm to 7 am].30dy validiy.unused daa carriedover to next month.works pretty good for me.95 recharge doubles the data.

Airtel 2 GB is da Best on Best.

My worst fear - "The Day When Airtel Stops this plan".

Airtel 2 GB is da Best on Best.

My worst fear - "The Day When Airtel Stops this plan".

^^Yup.....The speed is really nice and 2GB Limit is really much more for any mobiles.

Hey guys can I use it in PC connecting my mobile?? Will it work??

krishnandu said:
^^Yup.....The speed is really nice and 2GB Limit is really much more for any mobiles.

Hey guys can I use it in PC connecting my mobile?? Will it work??

yep
just enter the same settings as they are in the mobile and u'll be good to go.

Any one noticed that when you click internal links to the sony ericsson portal or the playnow portal, [eg. "Download themes"] vodaphone automatically redirects you to its own download service. [which offers you 'koena mitra' wallpapers for 50 bucks. I wouldnt pay 50 bucks for HER. :p ]

It does so in a very covert manner. There is no way of telling that 'bait and switch' has been pulled.

Does that not amount to CHEATING?

The play now option is operator specific. In my play now option i get no content available by the service provider is the reply i get though they have themes for my phone on reliance.

shaunak said:
Any one noticed that when you click internal links to the sony ericsson portal or the playnow portal, [eg. "Download themes"] vodaphone automatically redirects you to its own download service. [which offers you 'koena mitra' wallpapers for 50 bucks. I wouldnt pay 50 bucks for HER. :p ]

It does so in a very covert manner. There is no way of telling that 'bait and switch' has been pulled.

Does that not amount to CHEATING?

ggt said:
The play now option is operator specific. In my play now option i get no content available by the service provider is the reply i get though they have themes for my phone on reliance.
You sure it is operator specific ? I guess no...since play now is supposed to connect to some Sony's own service offering themes, wallpapers etc stuff. In my w800i over airtel connection, it first asks me my country and then directs me to download stuff.

^^^wtf???? :mad:

BTW thanks for informing. I'd confirm before recharging again.

If they've really done this GO TO HELL AIRTEL.

But what would I do now :huh:

Guys is Docomo any good?? If AIRTEL has really dumped 98/- plan I'd have to change provider.

krishnandu said:
^^is docomo as good as airtel?? How's the speed?? What about reliability??

Regarding speeds.......Let the picture speak

cap201004302335.jpg

And reliability, far more reliable than Airtel Mobile Office. Fed up with it and Switched to Docomo last year , no problems till date.

Crossx said:
docomo has good speed and connectivity..check out the Rs. 98/- unlimited GPRS scheme..it rocks..

There isn't any Unlimited pack on Docomo, it had one initially not now. Only Maharashtra Circle has it I guess.

Regarding the unlimited plans from any provider...........I'm quoting my same explanation from the other post

I don't understand the UNLIMITED gimmick that providers use, how much bandwidth would you use over a period of month with speeds 6-7kBps in case of GPRS and 20-25 in case of EDGE. Even if you use it 24x7 for a month it would never cross 2-3GB. You do the math, Unlimited is just for namesake IMHO :bleh:

Edited does it work now??

sriharsha_m said:
It is indeed from Imageshack, looks like problem is on your side, anyways here's the link again

Ya thank you. There was problem on my side. I tried opening it on another browser and it worked...!! :hap2:

Lol....!! Thats gr8...!! :hap2: Gr8 speed really :clap:

BTW I called up Airtel CC and they said 98/- is not being stopped. It'll work. :tongue:

Well......I think I should give a try to Docomo next month..!! :eek:hyeah:

Back