Storage Solutions Suggest SSD for Boot Drive(60-80 GB)

^I'd respectfully disagree with delinking the Page file. Windows 7 is well optimised for SSDs, just install, enable AHCI and forget.

And as for TB's issue - I have Windows 7 x64, the full Office 2010 suite, the full Adobe CS5 suite, and 3 large games installed on my X25M 80GB, and I still have 20GB free. Will post screenies in the evening.

Win 7 Fresh Install takes 15+ GB

Office around 5 GB

CS5 Suite Around 10+ GB I guess

3 Large Games 10 GB each

That makes it 60+ GB

80GB is like 72-73 GB actual.

And with time, Win 7 becomes bigger by 5-15 GB or so

^Games I've installed are Bulletstorm, Batman:AA and NFS MW. I'll post a WinDirStat screenie this evening.

And if Windows 7 grows,use CCleaner. You'll be surprised at the amount of crap that can build up.

@Rite:

Is that fluctuating between 5-15GB plus and above the installed overhead. If yes, then the variation is far far too much. You sure of that..?

+CCleaner.Yea, it keeps the structure somewhat lean.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Edit:
Well I get this. 20GB is the core fit print.
WinDir_stat.png

TechHead Sir, can you share your CrystalDiskMark benchy here ?

My write speed is a tad slower i feel.

View attachment 15345

My Seagate 2TB SATA-3 drive gives me 10MB more write speed hehe. Any idea what is wrong ?

saiyan -----latest ahci drivers should do trick.

Rite---your windows install is taking 15 gb,so i assume it is with hibernate file and your hibernate file is ==ram installed.

get rid of that.

^ Don't bother with the 5 series. Apart from higher sequential read/write speeds, the 5 series is actually worse than the 3 series.

Saiyan said:

My Seagate 2TB SATA-3 drive gives me 10MB more write speed hehe. Any idea what is wrong ?

Don't look at sequential speeds, its all about random speeds. Your Seagate will be no match in those departments.

Here's a comparison of the 80GB X25-M G2 from the crystal diskmark site itself :p : http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/images/CrystalDiskMark30-en.png

Your write speeds are faster across the board.

Saiyan said:
TechHead Sir, can you share your CrystalDiskMark benchy here ?

View attachment 15345

I see that we have the same drive, but my results are lower.

This is with the virgin SSD:

With some processor tweaks:

AS SSD:

What am I doing wrong ?

Running on a DV9704TX (ICH8-ME).

Back