Storage Solutions Suggest SSD for Boot Drive(60-80 GB)

The Solid 3 is the cutdown version of the Vertex3 based on the new SF2200.
8400/- is a pretty heft margin I would say. Your best option still remains getting an Intel drive from abroad. You can get a 120Gigger 320 series drive for as much.. or a 80Gigger for around 150/-

^I don't have anyone coming down from US. So looking at other options. Planning to use the aramex shopnship service. Let me know which place i can order the intel SSD online.

@stalker, are you sure about the intel ones ? 80GB costs roughly 180$ in most of the place in US.

you cant order from newegg from india.

you need US based credit card and your shipping add and billing address has to be same for newegg.

you can order from amazon,

real quick check out and i would suggest ebay.

you get buyer protection and you get better deals many times.

hey i went to ebay for fun and i won this same ssd for 152.50 . it oem and sealpack with free shipping.

do guys think its worth deal?

regarding warrenty,intel 320 series is having 5 yrs warrenty.

but again its not international warrenty and it clearly says if its oem--contact oem

if its retail--contact us.but no mention of internatonal warrenty.

what do you suggest about this ssd.

its coming out to 6887 plus aramex charges which i believe will be around 1000.

what do i do?

if any of you want it , let me know.

i am honestly not sure about getting ssd at exams time.

i asked intel support about international warrenty on oem drives.

lets see what they say.

if its supported, fine.

if no support in india,then i will be cancelling the purchase.

I have bought an Intel boxed SSD. At the time of purchase, I had read somewhere that the Intel SSD's carry international warranty. But not sure about OEM.

guys,

straight from horse's mouth

Issue: SSD Warranty Information
Hello Pratik,
Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.
I understand from your email that you wish to whether you will get international warranty for Intel SSD or not.
as per our current guidelines we will able to provide warranty support for the SSD’s which purchased from other countries as well, this warranty support is applicable for Intel Boxed SSD’s.
I request you to check with your OEM vendor to know whether the OEM SSD’s comes with international warranty or not.
Note: After sales technical and warranty support for all OEM units are handled by OEM vendors, Intel will not provide direct warranty support for any OEM units.

guys i have two options currently

Intel 320 series 80GB - 9.4k

Corsair 60Gb - 7.7k

Both are locally available @ Chennai

intel 320 boxed version with eyes closed.

they have got 5 yrs warranty , intel is having excellent result when it comes to reliability.

@Saiyan: Corsair F60 is much faster, maxing out SATA 3 (6Gbps) compared to SATA 3Gbps of Intel 320 series 80GB. Read some reviews and you'll find that Corsair F60 is better. I'll personally say don't go for Intel 320 series unless you have a don't-buy-unless-you-have-to situation.

^^ I'll say go for Corsair F60 one. The Cost/Gb is almost same for both the drives. IIRC, Lord Nemesis purchased Corsair F60, and is quite happy with its performance I think. :)

frankly speaking its as simple as this--

intel and those german guys published relaibility info.

their results matched so it ruled out intel playing with no.

other companies have so far failed to reveal no. .

so that gives the answer.

i agree corsair is faster.

no question on that.

but if intel was not sure about their stuff, why would they increase the warranty from 3 yrs to 5 yrs on this 320 series.

as far as i read about,intel's controller is tried and tested version and their NAND memory which they make with imft guys is top notch andd that seems to have boosted their confidence that thy went off to offer 5 yrs warranty.

if you see mechanical drives guys like seaget,wd .they are reducing their consumer grade drives warranty from 5 yrs to 3 yrs.

in this scenario,i think intel is better choice.

it has stood the test of time and company has been confident about their reliability and failure rates that they published data and that data also got verification.

it may be marketing trick but again no other company did it.

My 2 naya paisa.

thanks.

thats great,

do post your review on it.

when are you getting it?

congrats dude.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

how much it costs?

Back