Budget 31-40k Suggest System with Good Speed

Emperor

Skilled
  1. What is your budget?
    • Upto 40K (+/- 3k)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
(Please Note: All Below H/W, except Monitor- bought in June 2011)
    • CPU - Intel i5-2400
    • Motherboard – Intel DH67BL
    • GPU - NA
    • RAM – Gskill DDR 3 (4GB x 2)
    • Monitor - Dell S2216H
    • PSU – SeaSonic s12i 430
    • Cabinet – CoolerMaster
    • HDD – Seaget 500GB
    • DVD Writer- LG M-Disc
    • Keyboard- Circle USB
    • Mouse- Logitech BlueTooth M235
    • Laser Printer- Ricoh SP 100
  1. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell S 2216H
    • DVD Drive- LG
    • Cabinet – CoolerMaster
    • Laser Printer- Ricoh SP 100
    • Keyboard
    • Mouse
  2. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Nothing Yet Decided
  3. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • This will be Final
  4. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
  5. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  6. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • My Work Type :
    1. System keep Running 11 AM To 11 PM + 2 hrs. for YouTube (for Cartoon/Movie/TV Serial etc.)
    2. Requires to open minimum 3 different browser at a time (FireFox, Opera & Comodo Icedragon)
    3. Minimum 10 Tabs (randomly from any of above Browser) requires to keep open/surfing at all time. Comparison Work & too check if page/image/font etc. looking SAME with all browsers.
    4. Photoshop/PhotoScape keep open often for few Images/cut/copy/paste/brightness/changes etc.
    5. Windows OFFICE Suite
    6. YouTube for Uploading/Downloading and Testing Videos/Demos
    7. Windows Movie Maker (while using movie maker, trying to keep minimum browser should be open)
    8. Android emulator - BlueStack (3-4 apps keep open anytime/every time)
  7. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Nothing Like That, but prefer product that have good After Sales Service and very few settings before you actually start using (once set- no time/skill for experiment etc.)
  8. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Angry Bird …. Ha ha ha ha… I only like this as any other games (Racing etc.) make me feel like Vertigo/Headache :(
  9. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - NA
    2. Desktop - 1600x900
  1. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  1. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit

A basic Ryzen 3 1200 or Vega 2200G APU setup will be fine I think. With a basic motherboard like A320 chipset. But you might need a whole lot of RAM for all those tabs lol.
Also get a 2.5" SSD, it will do you good. Don't have to be a large capacity, something like a 120GB with a separate mechanical HDD for all your media files as per your requirement.
What's wrong with your cabinet and PSU?
Your usage is pretty basic. Do not overspend unless absolutely necessary.

A basic Ryzen 3 1200 or Vega 2200G APU setup will be fine I think. With a basic motherboard like A320 chipset. But you might need a whole lot of RAM for all those tabs lol.
Also get a 2.5" SSD, it will do you good. Don't have to be a large capacity, something like a 120GB with a separate mechanical HDD for all your media files as per your requirement.
What's wrong with your cabinet and PSU?
Your usage is pretty basic. Do not overspend unless absolutely necessary.

Hi,

Any detail suggestion (Part/Model No and Capacity & Price would be great help to decide/compare)

Okay but first what's wrong with your PSU and Cabinet? What is your cabinet model? Asking so that I can help you better.

Secondly, this is not a definitive "must get this exact product" thing, it's more to give you a general idea, however that doesn't make it useless. With multiple options.

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200 ~6200
CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G (APU) ~7850
CPU: Ryzen 3 2400G (APU) ~12340
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 ~13200
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 ~15640
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA A320M HD2 ~4350
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB-2400MHz ~6250
SSD: Samsung 2.5" 860 Evo 250GB ~6000
HDD: WD Blue 10EZEX (faster 1TB) ~2850
HDD: WD Blue 20EZRZ (slower 2TB) ~4650

Total=25650rs (minimum)

GPU: If you go for non-APU CPU like the Ryzen 3 1200 you'll need a dedicated graphics card. If you go for the APU you won't need a dedicated graphics card.
PSU: Corsair CX430M ~3900
CABINET: Personal choice.

Last edited:
Budget -40K

• CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G -12400,
  • Motherboard – Asus Prime B350M-A -7500,
  • RAM – 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 -6300,
  • PSU – Antec NE550M -4000,
  • SSD - Samsung 860EVO 500GB SSD -11000.
  • Total -41,200.

Okay but first what's wrong with your PSU and Cabinet? What is your cabinet model? Asking so that I can help you better.

Hi,

Will use same CoolerMaster cabinet as there is not a single issue (other than, now days Power Switch took few more seconds hold to power-up system compare to when it was brand new), I also mentioned in template.

PSU, issue (if not an issue than I will be more than happy to retain it, as it's rock solid) click here

Thank you

Any specific reason to change the system? I know people who are using older 2nd gen i3/i5 and it should work well for your usage, you just need more RAM and an SSD.

Just an SSD in my opinion. Nothing else needs an upgrade for that kind of basic level usage.

FYI, I too have a machine running a 2500K and it can handle most stuff including high resolution gaming very well.

In my case, I upgraded to an 8 core Ryzen since I also use my rig for multithreaded work loads.

The only reason to upgrade from a Sandy Bridge right now should be when you need more cores.

Any specific reason to change the system? I know people who are using older 2nd gen i3/i5 and it should work well for your usage, you just need more RAM and an SSD.

ohhh... hmm.. sorry I was not aware the reason my system went slow and as general ... I too think it's due to old system... I just requires speed please suggest your best to make my system fast... thanks for suggestion

Just an SSD in my opinion. Nothing else needs an upgrade for that kind of basic level usage.

FYI, I too have a machine running a 2500K and it can handle most stuff including high resolution gaming very well.

In my case, I upgraded to an 8 core Ryzen since I also use my rig for multithreaded work loads.

The only reason to upgrade from a Sandy Bridge right now should be when you need more cores.

Please suggest in detail... one point I missed that since last 6-9 months, as soon as I power-up UPS, system starts automatically (no need to push Power Switch on Cabinet) .. any idea/suggestion why such malfunctioning... is it sign of any component failure etc.?

^^ Check your Power management settings in BIOS. If the state on power restoration is set to "power on" instead of last state, the computer will power on as soon as power is provided irrespective of previous state.

As for the other stuff, what I am trying to say is that your requirements does not look substantial enough to require an upgrade. Your current CPU can handle it easily. At the very least, I don't see a lot of value in upgrading from a 4 core Sandy Bridge CPU to a newer 4 core CPU. Yes, there will be a IPC boost, but is it worth the upgrade cost? If you are a serious/pro user of Photoshop or other intensive tools, then an upgrade to a 6 or 8 core would make sense.

^^ Check your Power management settings in BIOS. If the state on power restoration is set to "power on" instead of last state, the computer will power on as soon as power is provided irrespective of previous state.

I found that (50/50 %) whenever I shut down system (without following proper closing individual browser/program one by one) directly and some time even when I shut down all open program/browser one by one still next day I face above situation, but randomly, not always.

As for the other stuff, what I am trying to say is that your requirements does not look substantial enough to require an upgrade. Your current CPU can handle it easily. At the very least, I don't see a lot of value in upgrading from a 4 core Sandy Bridge CPU to a newer 4 core CPU. Yes, there will be a IPC boost, but is it worth the upgrade cost?

Yes, I understand your point/view and this is the main reason why I alwyas prefer to take suggestion here from TE.

If you are a serious/pro user of Photoshop or other intensive tools, then an upgrade to a 6 or 8 core would make sense.

No, I'm not pro and also not a serious Photoshop user just a basic cut & paste and image brightness only.

If you power restore state is set to "last state" and you are sometimes turning of your computer without it having properly shutdown, then next time, it will turn on automatically.

ohhh... hmm.. sorry I was not aware the reason my system went slow and as general ... I too think it's due to old system... I just requires speed please suggest your best to make my system fast... thanks for suggestion

Samsung EVO SSD - around 6K. 250GB. Do a fresh install on this and use the existing HDD for data. Ensure you install the SSD on a SATA2 or SATA3 port, especially the latter if possible.

If you are OK with getting used, someone has a 1TB Samsung EVO SSD for around 15K without warranty. This too is a good deal, but you need to see if you have that much usage.

RAM - if possible, bump the 4GB to 8GB with an additional 4GB stick. Try to match it with existing RAM or give details here. Should cost around 3K?

If you power restore state is set to "last state" and you are sometimes turning of your computer without it having properly shutdown, then next time, it will turn on automatically.
Please find below image for...

[DOUBLEPOST=1532961841][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hello,

Some new things I noticed, as below. I noticed same last week and thus clean cabinet, PSU & Applied Thermal Compound to processor, but still following result randomly some time...

Last edited:
Based on the BIOS settings, it should not be powering on by itself.
Try one thing. remove the chassis power switch connection and see if still does the same thing. if does not, then it means that the power switch or the cable itself might be shorting.

As for the temps and voltages, I don't see anything wrong with the temps and voltages are probably inaccurately reported, but, most of them are fine even if they are accurate.

Based on the BIOS settings, it should not be powering on by itself.
Try one thing. remove the chassis power switch connection and see if still does the same thing. if does not, then it means that the power switch or the cable itself might be shorting..
err... sorry... what exactly need to do.. sorry for noob question

As for the temps and voltages, I don't see anything wrong with the temps and voltages are probably inaccurately reported, but, most of them are fine even if they are accurate.
Thank you for reply

There will be a front panel header for the power button going to your motherboard named as Power SW. This is the cable from your cabinet power switch. When switch is pressed, it closes the circuit between the two pins that its connected to on the motherboard which powers on the PC. if this cable is shorted for some reason or the switch is getting struck and closing the circuit on its own, then the power can turn on..

So, remove it and try powering on/off your UPS a few times. If computer doesn't turn on this time, but does when the cable is connected, then its possible that the switch or cable is at fault.

proftech.jpg

Back