Monitors Suggestions for a 24" LCD MONITOR..pls help

No. G2220HD is same as G2420HD just the difference in the size ie. G2220 = 22" and G2420 = 24". You wont face issues in that. btw, Lag comes when you dont have a sufficient gfx card to play HD Videos. This screen doesnt have any issues with Response Time.. both have 2ms RT. Good to go for High Action movies and Games and Sports games.

EDIT: If you have a Dual Core processor and any decent cheap entry level card.. your 1080p should work fine. Gfx card "anything above" 7000 series. 8400gs is also good for it :) Also ATI 3400 series is good to go for 1080p movies :) Otherwise with old Single Core processor and gfx card is fine for 720p. No lags in 720p but yes you'll face lags with 1080p. Screen doesnt play roles in Lagging a movie. If you meant blurry image and ghosting and image trailing.. then yes thats for the Screen but No you wont face that with any of the above mentioned screens. You can further use Core AVC to use nvidia's CUDA Technology and get better performance.. Core AVC doesnt support ATI though.

kunaldua said:
Thanks. How about movie/ sports playback? Any "lag" ?

b00gieMan said:
No. G2220HD is same as G2420HD just the difference in the size ie. G2220 = 22" and G2420 = 24". You wont face issues in that. btw, Lag comes when you dont have a sufficient gfx card to play HD Videos. This screen doesnt have any issues with Response Time.. both have 2ms RT. Good to go for High Action movies and Games and Sports games.

EDIT: If you have a Dual Core processor and any decent cheap entry level card.. your 1080p should work fine. Gfx card "anything above" 7000 series. 8400gs is also good for it :) Also ATI 3400 series is good to go for 1080p movies :) Otherwise with old Single Core processor and gfx card is fine for 720p. No lags in 720p but yes you'll face lags with 1080p. Screen doesnt play roles in Lagging a movie. If you meant blurry image and ghosting and image trailing.. then yes thats for the Screen but No you wont face that with any of the above mentioned screens. You can further use Core AVC to use nvidia's CUDA Technology and get better performance.. Core AVC doesnt support ATI though.

CoreAVC may not support ATI but the performance gain for Nvidia is hardly noticable

^ Nopes. Who says so? Oh may be coz you dint really get to work on it much since you are on ATI. Hook up your screen to some nvidia gfx based system and then install CoreAVC and check out the difference :) You need to go to options and then tick on "Enable CUDA" otherwise its just gonna use Software Rendering.. i'd prefer and suggest you to do tht on Core AVC + KMPlayer.

get benq g2420,i have one and i love it

thanga said:
I recently looked at Benq G2420HD which my brother bought and immediately decided to buy one. But then, we noticed a (single) pixel dead (or hot) that is glowing wither white or green when screen becomes dark.

The visuals are absolutely beautiful. :D And we could not notice the problematic pixel in normal scenarios. However, we did complained with the shop we bought, who said it happens with ALL the monitors and nothing could be done about it..., I checked the Benq india website and sure it said Benq has the right to deny any gurantee or warranty if number of dead pixels found are below 5.:S
Its barely noticeable and the experience of the full HD is enthralling (atleast for now) hence my brother decided to live with it. (Dont know if we can do anything at all!)

I now am planning to buy this Benq despite the risk involved, because it is only 10,500. Anyway is there any way to make sure there are NO dead pixels, is there any brand exempt from this rule..?:huh:

bro i had a stuck pixel within 2 days ,i called benq they came and replaced with a new monitormall benq monitors are defect free for 7 days in india:hap2::hap2::hap2:

I purchased 2 Benq 2420 and I must say the monitor is just bloody auuusssuummm :) I simply love it.Would like to play some games on it :(

Back