Monitors Suggestions for a 24" LCD MONITOR..pls help

i saw benq g2412 today in croma, compared it with other models like samsung.....it didnt look very impressive in looks and display(graphics). I noticed the contrast or something wasnt quite right, the samsung monitor looked sharper.....this is what i observed.

This thread looks totally getting confused:S:S....

@anubhav2345- did you decide which LED you gonna choose? i will say Benq G2420HD in around Rs 10800/- cheap and best buy. i too have this Benq G2420HD:p else go for any samsung one.

Samsung is 22.6 Inch to be precise. Dell S2409W Sucks :)ohyeah: it SUCKS) It has 4 x CCFL lights in the screen which cause MAJOR BACKLIGHT BLEEDING in dark or even day time. Which really is frustrating! 2ndly it just has 1000:1 CR and no Dynamic Contrast Ratio (DCR) and yes it DOES MATTER.. dont listen to ppl who dont really know whats DCR and how it helps and just say its a marketing gimmick.

2ndly, dont go for LED monitors yet.. BenQ V2400 is white and kinda not good looking (go for it if u want it in white and wobbly and unstable base). Dell's G2410 (LED) 24" is not worth it coz its the very 1st in the market (same goes with BenQ's V2400) and they do a good job with LED Backlight but their Color arent good at all.. not upto mark and not accurate.. (check out some video reviews, etc etc and you may find ppl just blindly praising Dell coz its Dell, but trust me dont do that.. think urself.. its ur pocket, ur money and valued to you). 2ndly Dell's Policy is crap and sucks ass in all terms. Even if u get a new LCD with a couple of Dead Pixels.. "then you'll have to live with it.. coz their policy says they cant replace it unless its more than 5dead pixels and above all Dealing with Dell Jerks from Dell Delhi (Tech Support) is another headache.. u'd rather die instead of breaking ur head and getting your Blood Pressure high by talking to those idiots". Viewsonic says more than 7 Pixels.. so both are out of question.

You can consider LG's W2343T which is a full 23" HD 16:9 with 30,000:1 DCR (but u'll have to check for its availability).

End of day i'd suggest to simply go for BenQ G2420HD for 10,800/- I bought the same 2 days back after hell lot of homeworks on LCDs. I'd say save some bucks and go for BenQ G2420HD. Think no further. Dell aint the way to go. Unless u wana stick to the beauty of Samsung P2350. And oh well, BenQ G2420HD has HDMI 1.3, VGA and DVI.. rest non has that (accept for Dell S2409W ... btw S2409W is out of production from Dell.. what u'll get is the last of the stocks). BenQ's V2400 is LED but only has VGA and no DVI or HDMI.

...i'd again say.. BenQ G2420HD is the way to go. Dont just get magnetized towards Dell coz just a bunch of ppl blindly supports dell here (or anywhere), coz ultimately u need quality for the amount of money u spending. If your budget is more towards higher side, then consider Dell for their IPS panels.

I recently looked at Benq G2420HD which my brother bought and immediately decided to buy one. But then, we noticed a (single) pixel dead (or hot) that is glowing wither white or green when screen becomes dark.

The visuals are absolutely beautiful. :D And we could not notice the problematic pixel in normal scenarios. However, we did complained with the shop we bought, who said it happens with ALL the monitors and nothing could be done about it..., I checked the Benq india website and sure it said Benq has the right to deny any gurantee or warranty if number of dead pixels found are below 5.:S
Its barely noticeable and the experience of the full HD is enthralling (atleast for now) hence my brother decided to live with it. (Dont know if we can do anything at all!)

I now am planning to buy this Benq despite the risk involved, because it is only 10,500. Anyway is there any way to make sure there are NO dead pixels, is there any brand exempt from this rule..?:huh:

Dell ST2410 Full HD is a decent Monitor with a white back panel. No Wall Mounting. A bit of stylish touch. Has a good Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 50,000:1. 1000:1 Normal Contrast Ratio. Again, Dell is known for using their Screens with 4 x CCFL which equals to HELLUVA BACK LIGHT BLEEDING. 4xCCFL = Each CCFL on each of the 4 sides of the monitor.

Samsung 2494SW = Not available in India yet or "may be" not for India. I recently bought a 24" and no 24" from Samsung or LG in India yet. No not even in the pipeline. Had words with LG Manager and he said no intentions to get 24" LG Screens/monitors in India as yet, as their 22" are still lagging behind in the stock with the dealers and malls like Croma, Reliance, etc. The pricing of their Current 22" will cause the selling of 24" more than 22" which will block the 22" stock in the market for the dealers. Even if you get it in the market dont go for it as its not officially from LG, could be Imported Product and you will certainly face issues when it comes to its warranty. They dont support it.

There are chances that they straight away release their LG's 24" LED monitor in India to give better competition and not affect their 22" stock. But that is going to take time as its still new in the USA and things come here very late. Most of their models available in India today (From LG and Samsung) are shown as Discontinued products on their US Websites.

jrego5 said:
Hey guys what about the following monitors:

Samsung 2494SW -FULL HD

Dell ST2410 Full HD

Anyone care to comment on them????

Back