Audio suggestions for audio upgrade needed..

ragzdiablo

Skilled
My PL11 and my nokia E71 have been my source of music uptil now..

but now i want to take it a step ahead..

although im low on budget..

Budget : 4k

need to get a music player and a good set of earphones..

ive decided to go with a..

sansa clip 2gb and MEELEC M6...both of them cost around 2k..so come within my budget of 4k..:)

music i generally listen to is.. alternative rock,rock,pop,R&B..:)

please pour in your suggestions..

PS:how are klipsch S2?

Clip+ is perfect for the budget. For the IEM , you need to be a little more specific about the kind of sound you are looking for :p.

I dont stick to one type of music...it varies from rock to hip hop....

Coldplay, U2, Poets of the fall, nickelback, timberlake are some artists i like..

metal, death metal, trance is what i dont listen to.. :)

Good amount of bass..not over..

good soundstage..

and most importantly..

good detailing and SQ..

Hope that helps..

can you please tell..from where can i get the sansa clip+ ? pristinenote?

E71 isn't too bad as a source actually, you might want to consider keeping that and using your budget for better iems

clip+, I would also suggest global easy buy from ebay, I got the 8gb one for 3.8k after 10% discount coupon there

bottle said:
E71 isn't too bad as a source actually, you might want to consider keeping that and using your budget for better iems

clip+, I would also suggest global easy buy from ebay, I got the 8gb one for 3.8k after 10% discount coupon there
E71 a good source?

its got a 2.5mm jack...so i use the AD-50 nokia converter..to covert it to a 3.5mm one...

AD-50

the converter screws all the quality..

my PL11 dont sound any better than the bundled nokia earphones..

what converter are you using?

I ordered an AD-52 converter from ebay yesterday..

AD-52

If it works well...without destroying the SQ..then maybe i wont go for the music player...

Same with all the IEMs...

If the AD-52 doesnt work well, will get the one you mentioned..

I face another problem..if i connect any headphones(full cans) to my phone...it crashes within 10 mins..

the battery doesnt get discharged..it just switches off..

do you face that problem too?

E71 is a good source in terms of mobile but I still suggest you get a good PMP to get the best out of a good earphones.Its easily noticeable for something in the range of 2-4k IEMs like RE-2,Brainwavz M2 etc. The sound has lot better authority in the lower end as well as treble with players. :) Also will be helpful if you plan to upgrade again few months/a year down the line.

Best combo IMO would be a Clip+ and a Brainwavz M2 from MP4nation/Lynx India.

ragzdiablo said:
do you think upgrading the firmware will help me with the the SQ..
running on 300.XX as of now..

i don't think sq was ever a priority in this phone :lol: especially wrt new firmwares but go ahead the new releases made the phone pretty stable.

^ thanks..

I want to avoid MP4nation after the tea incident..

any other place from where i can get them?

and priced at 2.7k on lynx..

they are kinda out of my budget..

According to you..what are the best IEMs within 2.5k for a good detailed musical experience.. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

bottle said:
i don't think sq was ever a priority in this phone :lol: especially wrt new firmwares but go ahead the new releases made the phone pretty stable.
yeah...should have thought of that before getting it...

i have been trying to update using the nokia software updater..from past 3 months...server is always down.. :(

^^You can update your phones software quite easily, download your phones firmware from blue-nokia.com and then flash it using the phoenix software. Its a very easy job and will be completed in ten mins.

^ +1 .If you can stretch your budget slightly somehow get the M2 ,worth every penny .:D If nothing works out wait till my final IEM for the next 1-2 year arrives, I will give you my M2 for a steal price :p

Back