Audio suggestions for audio upgrade needed..

ragzdiablo

Skilled
Sep 26, 2008
My PL11 and my nokia E71 have been my source of music uptil now..

but now i want to take it a step ahead..

although im low on budget..

Budget : 4k

need to get a music player and a good set of earphones..

ive decided to go with a..

sansa clip 2gb and MEELEC M6...both of them cost around 2k..so come within my budget of 4k..:)

music i generally listen to is.. alternative rock,rock,pop,R&B..:)

please pour in your suggestions..

PS:how are klipsch S2?

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Apr 29, 2006
Clip+ is perfect for the budget. For the IEM , you need to be a little more specific about the kind of sound you are looking for :p.

ragzdiablo

Skilled
Sep 26, 2008
I dont stick to one type of music...it varies from rock to hip hop....

Coldplay, U2, Poets of the fall, nickelback, timberlake are some artists i like..

metal, death metal, trance is what i dont listen to.. :)

Good amount of bass..not over..

good soundstage..

and most importantly..

good detailing and SQ..

Hope that helps..

can you please tell..from where can i get the sansa clip+ ? pristinenote?

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Staff member
Super Mod
Jan 27, 2005
Chennai
E71 isn't too bad as a source actually, you might want to consider keeping that and using your budget for better iems

clip+, I would also suggest global easy buy from ebay, I got the 8gb one for 3.8k after 10% discount coupon there

ragzdiablo

Skilled
Sep 26, 2008
bottle said:
E71 isn't too bad as a source actually, you might want to consider keeping that and using your budget for better iems

clip+, I would also suggest global easy buy from ebay, I got the 8gb one for 3.8k after 10% discount coupon there
E71 a good source?

its got a 2.5mm jack...so i use the AD-50 nokia converter..to covert it to a 3.5mm one...

AD-50

the converter screws all the quality..

my PL11 dont sound any better than the bundled nokia earphones..

what converter are you using?

I ordered an AD-52 converter from ebay yesterday..

AD-52

If it works well...without destroying the SQ..then maybe i wont go for the music player...

ragzdiablo

Skilled
Sep 26, 2008
Same with all the IEMs...

If the AD-52 doesnt work well, will get the one you mentioned..

I face another problem..if i connect any headphones(full cans) to my phone...it crashes within 10 mins..

the battery doesnt get discharged..it just switches off..

do you face that problem too?

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Apr 29, 2006
E71 is a good source in terms of mobile but I still suggest you get a good PMP to get the best out of a good earphones.Its easily noticeable for something in the range of 2-4k IEMs like RE-2,Brainwavz M2 etc. The sound has lot better authority in the lower end as well as treble with players. :) Also will be helpful if you plan to upgrade again few months/a year down the line.

Best combo IMO would be a Clip+ and a Brainwavz M2 from MP4nation/Lynx India.

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Staff member
Super Mod
Jan 27, 2005
Chennai
ragzdiablo said:
do you think upgrading the firmware will help me with the the SQ..
running on 300.XX as of now..

i don't think sq was ever a priority in this phone :lol: especially wrt new firmwares but go ahead the new releases made the phone pretty stable.

ragzdiablo

Skilled
Sep 26, 2008
^ thanks..

I want to avoid MP4nation after the tea incident..

any other place from where i can get them?

and priced at 2.7k on lynx..

they are kinda out of my budget..

According to you..what are the best IEMs within 2.5k for a good detailed musical experience.. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

bottle said:
i don't think sq was ever a priority in this phone :lol: especially wrt new firmwares but go ahead the new releases made the phone pretty stable.
yeah...should have thought of that before getting it...

i have been trying to update using the nokia software updater..from past 3 months...server is always down.. :(

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
^^You can update your phones software quite easily, download your phones firmware from blue-nokia.com and then flash it using the phoenix software. Its a very easy job and will be completed in ten mins.

strategy

Skilled
Feb 25, 2010
its not about that .....its abotu what you get for your money ....with m2 you get a IEM worth much more

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Apr 29, 2006
^ +1 .If you can stretch your budget slightly somehow get the M2 ,worth every penny .:D If nothing works out wait till my final IEM for the next 1-2 year arrives, I will give you my M2 for a steal price :p