Suggestions for good anime/manga

Re: Anime Fans

^ Yes yes I get that part. The first 2 episodes were a bit dull, that's why the little disappointment. Its starting to get interesting now. :D

I love the opening track.

I need to start watching GiTS again from the start . Always watched random episodes on animax :p ... :D ... also saw the 2 movies they were awesome O.O .

I think everyone here has seen Get Backers. That was one of the best animes shown on Animax when animax had started.

There are very few animes that mix comedy and action as well as Get Backers did.

Favorite Episode: When Ginji goes to the hospital after falling off the terrace chasing a sandwich.

All were fun :D ...

till now I have watched almost all that come on Animax .... now don't think im some pansy or something but has anyone watched Honey and Clover ? it was pretty good :p .....

prabs said:
Favorite Episode: When Ginji goes to the hospital after falling off the terrace chasing a sandwich.

That one was total ROFLcopter episode... Everyone assuming Ginji and Himiko as couple, while Ginji has no idea about what's going on, Himiko getting irritated by everyone's assumption. :rofl:

^ Now you people have made me crave for viewing it another time - it was one kick-ass anime.

Btw, just finished Baccano, and have to admit that it was quite intriguing - loved Claire Stanfield's character. Its been a long time since I finished an entire anime series in one go !

Next up is Tytania !

Saw Elfen Lied; it was a piece of sh*t, and that is despite my having developed a high tolerance for awful anime recently.

chiron said:
Saw Elfen Lied; it was a piece of sh*t, and that is despite my having developed a high tolerance for awful anime recently.
weird, its a highly rated series and i really liked it too

Not gonna bother with the manga when there is loads of other anime I can watch in that time :D.

I just checked the wiki to see what the story is supposed to be about and noticed a review there that perfectly sums up my reaction to it; Iron Circus: Negative First Impression Theater: Elfen Lied.

Stuff like Claymore is similar but much better as there seems to be some actual story. This one seems to just try too hard to seem shocking but the result is that it feels like a 13 year old 's attempt to write a badass story.

Back