PC Peripherals Suggestions for PSU

soumalidon said:
seriously i had such a bad exoerience with GPAL650AA, the reviews are good but i have my doubts on that PSU. It had problems powering my GTX260 and Q9550 all at stock, after struggling allot with it i jus replaced it with a TX750. But i did sell that PSU and the member who bought it had no problems powering his lower configured rig! Hmmm..

I that case why did you not opt for an RMA ? It could have been a manufacturing defect.

Because i have found various reviews where the psu comfortably powered crossfire setup like 4870+4850 & 8800 GTS SLI, i am yet to see any negative feedback on any forums regarding the PSU.

I just purchased one based one these positive reviews, Hope i do not face any such experience like you.

^ even i had read all the positive reviews about it and got it. I dont know what problem it had but it could run everything fine until i started a game, 2 sec into a game and my system would switch off. Even when i upgraded from a GTX 260 to a GTS 250 in SLI, my system would be fine until i started a game and then its gone again. During my transition from GTX 260 to GTS 250 SLI, i had a temp 9600GT. I could play all games with that no issues. Perhaps it was jus my PSU which was a one off case, but that was jus my experience and after all the problems i faced i have my doubts on it :)

lestat said:
Where can i get GlacialPower AL 650AA from Lamington Road

Mate,

Well I tried two Months Back in Mumbai but i did not find it anywhere,

so you may have to order it online from Lynx-india or SMC International New Delhi.

Back