surfshark vpn sharing

Sent pm

Any particular reason, other than log out issue?
That was one irritant, the other was that Nord now has made it their cheap option and almost all servers are blacklisted on all sites which means it doesn't work for most streaming services and triggers captcha on a lot of them, besides being outright banned on some sites. Anyway, I didn't renew it after 5 years.

Instead I went with a relatively unknown small provider which is extremely cheap compared to SurfShark. It works with all streaming sites and doesn't invoke captcha. Their app is crap but they support Wireguard and I use that instead. They have limited servers, the speed is also lower in the region of 200 Mbps for my 500 Mbps connection at most locations, with only few touching 400+ but that is enough for my primary use case of 4K streaming and unblocking other sites.

I will not be sharing the name here or over DM because I am pretty sure it will crap out once too many users come on board.

Oh my dear Yash, glad to see you still retain your old habits since school days.
Yep, meant it as a joke but that is also the bitter truth in the world of VPN with its fly by night operators. In the end, everything gets consolidated under the 2-3 operators running the entire industry without much transparency. Definitely privacy is not a reason to use VPN anymore.

Yep, meant it as a joke but that is also the bitter truth in the world of VPN with its fly by night operators. In the end, everything gets consolidated under the 2-3 operators running the entire industry without much transparency. Definitely privacy is not a reason to use VPN anymore.
I don't think if somebody who us serious about privacy would use Sharpshark, Nord and all the so called cheap providers. The cheaper alternatives are basically for folks who are looking to bypass geo restriction.

I can vouch for mullvad VPN to folks who are seriously concerns about privacy. It has been the undisputed champion for a very long period and I am quite hopeful it will continue to do so in the future.

@JMak
We have previously used the subscription with 5 people for the full duration (27 months) without any problems

As for frequent log out problem I don't have much info regarding that as I have almost always created and used wireguard conf files through their website, which seems to be pretty stable (though only default wg UDP port), few servers I tried was able to do 500+ Mbps down and up

try using someone's refferal code if possible if getting a new subscription (both get extra 3 months of subscription iirc)

Also for more serious use, definitely +1 for mullvad

Last edited:
Back