Tablet for productivity

Checksum said:
Problem is the devices from SingTel/Starhub do not have tethering by default. And they come with firmware 2.3.4. So no jailbreaking for now :(

@Sei, didn't like the transformer. I somehow felt the Xoom was better. And I don't have to wait for ASUS to push out updates.

I will be checking out a couple of tablets this weekend. Hopefully I can find a Thinkpad tablet to play with.

Actually you mentioned productive so I suggested the Transformer because of the dock (keyboard + extended battery). None of the other tablets can be productive for me. And for those who say that they can do everything that they can do on a laptop, then why didn't you go in for one? IMO tablets are more of a consumption device and are meant to be that way.

Tablets are all more or less same.(I recently sold Xoom)

Right now tablets run as MTP devices(no sd card integration)

as of now tablets can't compete with netbook(running on windows 7).

The fonts on laptop.netbook are clear(due to display driver).

Video needs minimal conversion.

But you can't play games the way you can play on tablets.

Still I think Acer Iconia is also good contender as it has USB port and some people have ported Linux/Ubuntu.

rohit3192 said:
Tablets are all more or less same.(I recently sold Xoom)

Right now tablets run as MTP devices(no sd card integration)

as of now tablets can't compete with netbook(running on windows 7).

The fonts on laptop.netbook are clear(due to display driver).

Video needs minimal conversion.

But you can't play games the way you can play on tablets.

Still I think Acer Iconia is also good contender as it has USB port and some people have ported Linux/Ubuntu.

I don't need a netbook. I don't need most of what you pointed out (SD, Win 7, full size USB). Most of modern day tablets can do the things that I expect. The confusion is between the iPad2/Xoom provided some there is no other cheaper alternative.

Congrats on your purchase mate. If you need any help in Apps or JB, ask freely :)

and now give us Party for your new iPad & reps ! :eek:hyeah:

Back