Tata 2Mbps Night Unltd plan started again for 299rs a month

really sad tat the connection is capped in my area.. :(

max download per note is only around 1.5 gb.. :(

well not bad.. im getting 53 kbps..

At rs299/- its worth.Need to change to tata once they come in my area:) .Fed up of using sify's connection&their pathetic customercare service.:mad: .

satyanjoy said:

Although i havent seen the video..

In 6 months.. Only once have i faced a serios problem from Tata.

My Account was cancelled and when i called Customer care. They told me that my balance was -5677/- Rs So complaint was lodged and i was told that problem would be solved in 24 hrs..

Then unfortunately Tata started facing technical difficulties so thier database used to be down most of time and so i had to call them almost everyday still my problem wasnt solved as everytime i called i had to explain same stupid thing to new guys. Finally after 10 days, i went to Tata centre in Pune.

Furiosly explained them my situation and withing 2 days my connection was back online and i was given 10 days extension over my validity and 200 or 300 bucks added to my balance. Although i was damn angry but never faced another problem again...

No probs with connections and speed either and right now

I am paying 1922 for 3 months (my 2roomies are also pooling the money)

so basically i have to spend 213Rs/ month and i download ~8-9 GB/night.

Show me one plan in our country that gives same benifit...

Its all worth it

^^agreed the plan is good. But their customer care is down to earth pathetic. I have been facing 4 ~ 5 days downtime every month, i'll have to call the nodal officier 80% of time to fix the issue :|. Only very few peeps like you are enjoying the service w/o any problem. I'll never trust Tata when it comes to reliability, thats why i still have airtel.

I have been facing a strange issue the past couple of days.....

During the daytime single http dowloads stay between 50-85kB/sec and only if i have 2-3 downloads goin at the same time do i reach 240-250kB/sec....
But those same single downloads easily reach 230-250kB/sec during the night....

But the best part is that torrents are always 230-250kB/sec......

I hardly use http downloads its just i have had to download a few things in the past few days.....maybe this was the scenario always....but i cant figure out why it happens so....

Is coz there are more ppl using the Line during the daytime then at night??

^^^
Ironically since very first day.. My torrents never crossed 215.. Be it torrents with 1000 seeds from ScT /BitmeTV or with 10 seeds 10 leechers from Piratebay.. Even if i enqueue 10 torrents.. Cumulative speeds never crossed 215..

With http (Rapidshare) I always get avg speed of 240 i.e 230-250...

I have never experienced such downtime (touchwood)... But recently there was this problem of frequent disconnection.. As in every 4-5 minutes(rather randomly) connection used to get dc for 30 secs.. and then it used to reconnect itself.

I called the Customer care on Saturday Evening (7 PM) about the issue and technical guy came to my place on Sunday Afternoon :O Although he didnt figure out the issue then but it was solved in a day..

in my quest for to try and find out why my connection is erratic during the daytime i have found....

when i try to download from sites like microsoft or nvidia i get steady speeds above 230kB/sec when the ping to these sites is under 50ms and i get variable speeds ranging from 50kB/sec to 200kB/sec when the pings r above 200ms....
And the weird part is the pings to these sites have been varying constantly...sometimes its diff within mintues.....

Also when a speedtest is run on speedtest.net i usually get a ping of abt 175-180ms to the singapore server but lately the ping has been 700ms or more at anytime of the day!

But ping to the local gateway is fine with no packet-loss....

Another thing that i noticed is that the pings are lower by 1-5ms when i use the router in bridge mode as compared to pppoe mode....is it supposed to be this way?

And during this time i have been facing frequent disconnections with most sessions lasting less than 2 hrs....

So what could be the problem?? any idea's??

@Kumar : you could try a data limit connection from your local cable op....that will be the cheapest i guess...
or try the reliance wimax if its available in your city....

Back