Tata 2Mbps Night Unltd plan started again for 299rs a month

Don't use them if you dont need the features na? If you can't buy it, you know where to look for *ahem*. BTW i prefer software to batch files as i find they are easier to use than the scheduler and more importantly, have a lot more features.

Wraith said:
Well lot of ppl have been asking a lot questions about this NU thing....i'll try and answer the most questions that are usually asked....

1) First and most important thing is that the Night Unlimited (NU) pack is an addon pack and can only be used with pre paid time based plans.

2) The charges for NU pack are deducted from your existing balance , you dont have to pay it as extra.

3) The daytime usage value depends on your existing balance and which pack you use, refer to the Tata website for details.

4)The charges for NU are deducted each month on the same exact date on which you activated the NU pack, provided you have enough balance in you account.

5) You dont have to restart/reboot the modem or reconnect at 9pm or 9am to avail the NU, you can be connected as long as you wish and when the NU period starts you wont be billed for that duration.

6) Also the Tata usage page shows a max session time of 11hrs , i.e. even if you are connected for 24 hrs , the system will show sessions of 11hr + 11hrs + 2 hrs.
i got my answer..thanks..
but in my city the speed does not go above 53 kbps?
wy is it capped ? any idea guys >?

=CrAzYG33K= said:
OK .. Some specific insights :

I have one query ..
Do Tata have the right to discontinue/close the NU package at any point of time ??
For example, say, If I opt for the NU package (299 per month)..
Say, I'm satisfied with it and use the NU package for 3 months (by recharging every month). Could they say that NU package is stopped at the 4th month. Then I'd have no other place/option! :(

i had the same query. talked to tata customer care. they said it can be deactivated only by the user or in case account is suspended.

but i don't believe them on this....

somebody, please clear the things....

They don't because the night unlimited at Rs.99 was discontinued for new customer but those who had that plan activated were able to renew it till now . Note that i didn't say they can't :p .

can any one tell me what type of connection is this? i mean does it require an adsl modem or it will work through the cat5 cable. does it work on PPPoE or tata's own dialup software or something else. can this connection be easily configured on a wifi router and used with multiple laptops. any experience from mumbai users? thanx!!

its a normal Tata plan(Tata,BSNL,Airtel are ALL adsl providers) . so it will require an ADSL modem. Thou if you are getting from a cable operator, you'll get it shared. yes , the modem can sync with wi-fi router and send wireless signals :D

They had the net up & running within 36 hours, down here at Visakhapatnam,

Execellent Service,

Downloaded Around 11 GB's Last nite, Was getting download speed @ Avg of 225-255 kb/s with upload of 50-58 kb/s

Note: This was done using DU Meter!

supposing I take quick360 + night plan, I have 360hrs of usage rght? and if I use it daily from 9pm-9am for dloads, I get speeds upto 2mbps and the 360hrs balance wont be cut, am I on course til now? so practically I can browse for 2 hours during the day and dload for another 12 hrs for 6 months almost..?

Wraith said:
I have been using the Night UL since 7 months and its the best plan i have ever used!!!
And even at 299pm no other plan comes close to it......

Totally... Renewed today for another 3 months..Using since 6 months :D

Can download ~ 8-9 GB / nite :p

I wonder how will i adjust to low speeds in future :bleh:

rapt0r said:
all pre-paid plan rates are including taxes .

I am using Quick power 180 and its 1800 + 122 tax i.e 1922
techdude said:
i got my answer..thanks..
but in my city the speed does not go above 53 kbps?
wy is it capped ? any idea guys >?
They never said that it will be 2Mbps everywhere. They specifically mention it that UPTO 2Mbps and minimum 256Kbps.. so its tough luck for you that speeds in ur city are capped

this plan is awesome.....

downloading like 10 gb per nite. feels like heaven....

all my friends in hostel have already switched to this plan....

^^10gb??
is der any flexible plans available like durin my preperative leave i cme home for a month so i need to activate unltd plans only during tht time...
wud appreciate any help.

Night Unlimited can be activated oly with Prepaid Plans.. So what u can do is subscribe to any feasible Prepaid Plan but activate night unlimited only when u come home..

Its an ADSL connection.

Was using it from a CyberCafe's connection(He used to give me connection while closing his shop in night) since last 5 months and abt 15 days back got my own when the connection became feasible in my area. This plan is simply EXCELLENT !! :)

Back