Tata 2Mbps Night Unltd plan started again for 299rs a month

Guys, I applied for this connection this weekend. Hoping to get it in 1-2 days!

I am already on Airtel's Home 999 plus 256kbps broadband plan (plus I pay for a Rs 300/- topup that doubles my night speed). I am in Delhi region.I want to keep my existing Airtel BB connection.

Please let me me know the following -

1) I want to keep my existing Airtel BB connection for a while. What is the cheapest Airtel plan that I can switch to? I checked Airtel tariffs. Cheapest seems to be Rs 499 plan. Wasn't there a Rs 250 plan before? Has it been discontinued?

2) For free nighttime download from Tata, do I have to turn off modem before 9 PM and turn it on again after 9 PM?

3) I usually wake up late. How can I automatically turn off modem after 9 AM?

Waiting for your replies!

you dont need to turn on/off modem and their session is not even disconnected once ( good billing ! ) . Initially they charged me for first few days when i bought tata connection but on compliant my money was re-credited in account and problem fixed .

to logout befor 9 in the morning, u could login between 9pm & 10pm at night, then after 11hrs its auto logout occurs.... so u shld be disconnected b4 9am

guys i need to ask one thing..

now itz the 18th today

n i renew my connection every 25..

so will the plan last til the next 18th or on 25th ill have to renew my

UL again ?

For night plan the plan is deducted in ur month depending on date u enabled night plan , suppose u got account on 18th and u activated night plan on 29th then money for night plan will be deducted on next 29th only and you have to make sure there is that much money available in ur account on 29th .

to logout befor 9 in the morning, u could login between 9pm & 10pm at night, then after 11hrs its auto logout occurs.... so u shld be disconnected b4 9am

BS . I have had sessions longer then 15 hours without disconnection , if i login at 7 in evening and logout at 11 in morning then i am not charged of usage between 9-9 , rest of time is deducted .

Yeh and if u enable night plan then i guess it would drop to around ~32 hours per month . Its upto you , you can even use up ur account in 3 months and renew it again .

rapt0r said:
BS . I have had sessions longer then 15 hours without disconnection , if i login at 7 in evening and logout at 11 in morning then i am not charged of usage between 9-9 , rest of time is deducted .

So how to tackle this problem?

AAh was jus abt to get this plan.....but now i wont go for it...since i dont have another backup plan for day.....i better download less gbs right now rather than paying more cash...saving for better hardware

^^ Its half only if u enable night plan . Night plan is optional :)

@rshri : What problem ? I didn't got you there . You don't need to relogin at 9 to get free session so i think there is no problem .

I really really want to go for a Quick Power 360 + Night UL top up. I am not so much worried about speeds, I can live with it even if the max it goes to is 1 MBPS. I am more conecerned about downtime.

I will call them tommorow and find out whats what.

some stupid questions if you have any idea about them .

I am Tata user with post paid (Infinity 256 kbps).

1) can I buy that prepaid Quickpower 180/360 & use if as 2nd opt , I mean I just want it for Night unlimited ?

2) if yes , will they put another line for 2nd connection ? & to use NU I have to change Internet connection settings(IP/etc) @ NU time ?

3) if yes , @ morning I will switch my post paid back & enjoy other UL/DL @ 256 ?

4) as per post paid bill around Rs.1121 /month , after getting 360+NU how much monthly cost will be , I mean post paid + pre paid = ?
just my wild guess is it possible to try out above that :huh:

Well lot of ppl have been asking a lot questions about this NU thing....i'll try and answer the most questions that are usually asked....

1) First and most important thing is that the Night Unlimited (NU) pack is an addon pack and can only be used with pre paid time based plans.

2) The charges for NU pack are deducted from your existing balance , you dont have to pay it as extra.

3) The daytime usage value depends on your existing balance and which pack you use, refer to the Tata website for details.

4)The charges for NU are deducted each month on the same exact date on which you activated the NU pack, provided you have enough balance in you account.

5) You dont have to restart/reboot the modem or reconnect at 9pm or 9am to avail the NU, you can be connected as long as you wish and when the NU period starts you wont be billed for that duration.

6) Also the Tata usage page shows a max session time of 11hrs , i.e. even if you are connected for 24 hrs , the system will show sessions of 11hr + 11hrs + 2 hrs.

rapt0r said:
@rshri : What problem ? I didn't got you there . You don't need to relogin at 9 to get free session so i think there is no problem .

I get that I dont need to relogin at 9 PM. The problem that I am talking about is - turning off the internet before 9 AM in the morning. Is there some way to automate it?

Dial-up Scheduling

@rshri : this link shows how to create a batch file and then schedule them using windows scheduler...

to create a batch file...go to the command promt...and type edit 'filename'.bat (filename is anyname u want to give without quotes)

and when using the scheduler use the browse option to locate the files that u have created and schedule them...
PS : I think everyone should use the search feature before asking the same questions discussed before....it becomes a lil repeatative answering the same questions....

To all those struggling with the batch files to connect/disconnect, here is a simple and elegant solution.

These software automatically manage your RAS connections on a schedule and save a lot of headache.

1. RASMaster

Master your RAS (dial-up and PPOE) connections with RASMaster.

RASMaster is an easy-to-use RAS manager with a built-in reconnection utility, IP notifier, keep-alive utility, and a dial-up scheduler.

Feature List:

Easy to use reconnection utility. Automatically re-establish an Internet connection if your ISP drops your connection.

Full featured IP Notifier. Be notified via email, web page upload, or by program launch if your IP changes. Easily upload web pages with you current IP for FTP hosting, webcams, and more.

email IP notifications may be sent using either a direct SMTP connection or through a MAPI connection using Outlook or other email programs.

Internet activity simulator which simulates Internet activity to keep your ISP from disconnecting you. Features both a simple ping for light network activity or background website retrieval to simulate heavier Internet use.

Dial-Up scheduler which allows a daily connection time to be setup.
Simple setup with no external DLL files required.
Online support options.
Illustrated help file.
2.RascalPro

Redial attempts and frequency control.
Activity simulation frequency control.
Session scheduling based on time and connection events.
Batch processing.
File logging.
Connection time and fees tracking.
Practical connection notification.
Remote control using command line access.
Event viewer.
Lives in the taskbar status area.
Asynchronous operations.
Designed for Microsoft's WinSock.
For Windows 95, 98, Me, NT v4.0, 2000, XP, or later.

multi said:
some stupid questions if you have any idea about them .

I am Tata user with post paid (Infinity 256 kbps).

1) can I buy that prepaid Quickpower 180/360 & use if as 2nd opt , I mean I just want it for Night unlimited ?

2) if yes , will they put another line for 2nd connection ? & to use NU I have to change Internet connection settings(IP/etc) @ NU time ?

3) if yes , @ morning I will switch my post paid back & enjoy other UL/DL @ 256 ?

4) as per post paid bill around Rs.1121 /month , after getting 360+NU how much monthly cost will be , I mean post paid + pre paid = ?
just my wild guess is it possible to try out above that :huh:

For a solution like this youll have to take a second connection. So maybe they will wire a 2nd line etc.

If you want to take the Quick Power 360 the monthly rate will be 540 + tax. If you are using Night UL pack you ll get about 26 hours per month for day time usage.

So your total bill will come to around 1729.

But what I would suggest is that instead of the unlimited plan take a data transfer based plan which will be sufficient for normal browsing during the day time and you can download at night. So your total monthly cost will be same as now.

Wraith said:
Dial-up Scheduling

@rshri : this link shows how to create a batch file and then schedule them using windows scheduler...

to create a batch file...go to the command promt...and type edit 'filename'.bat (filename is anyname u want to give without quotes)

and when using the scheduler use the browse option to locate the files that u have created and schedule them...
PS : I think everyone should use the search feature before asking the same questions discussed before....it becomes a lil repeatative answering the same questions....

Thanks Wraith! Pardon my ignorance but to use this scheduling I will have to set Tata connection as a dial-up connection? Please let know how to do that (specifically for Tata connection).

Sorry, I did try Search but could not locate any post for automation of Tata night downloads.

Kumar said:
To all those struggling with the batch files to connect/disconnect, here is a simple and elegant solution.

These software automatically manage your RAS connections on a schedule and save a lot of headache.

1. RASMaster

Master your RAS (dial-up and PPOE) connections with RASMaster.

RASMaster is an easy-to-use RAS manager with a built-in reconnection utility, IP notifier, keep-alive utility, and a dial-up scheduler.

Feature List:

Easy to use reconnection utility. Automatically re-establish an Internet connection if your ISP drops your connection.

Full featured IP Notifier. Be notified via email, web page upload, or by program launch if your IP changes. Easily upload web pages with you current IP for FTP hosting, webcams, and more.

email IP notifications may be sent using either a direct SMTP connection or through a MAPI connection using Outlook or other email programs.

Internet activity simulator which simulates Internet activity to keep your ISP from disconnecting you. Features both a simple ping for light network activity or background website retrieval to simulate heavier Internet use.

Dial-Up scheduler which allows a daily connection time to be setup.
Simple setup with no external DLL files required.
Online support options.
Illustrated help file.
2.RascalPro

Redial attempts and frequency control.
Activity simulation frequency control.
Session scheduling based on time and connection events.
Batch processing.
File logging.
Connection time and fees tracking.
Practical connection notification.
Remote control using command line access.
Event viewer.
Lives in the taskbar status area.
Asynchronous operations.
Designed for Microsoft's WinSock.
For Windows 95, 98, Me, NT v4.0, 2000, XP, or later.

Thanks!! Thats just too many features. I suppose people like internet cafe administrators find them useful. I suppose for a lesser mortal like me, batch files running through windows scheduler will be suffice. Nevertheless its a very good alternative. I especially like the reconnection option that may not be possible with batch files (not sure).

Back