Tata Indicom's Photon+ - High Speed Internet Access

well bsnl evdo WAS supposed to be rs 750 per month UNLIMITED offer ending Mar 31st but when i went to my exchange all ready with photo-ID/forms etc the lady simply said "no stocks of the device, no signal/capacity either, speeds will be low, dont bother" so i went along my merry way :D

photon+ which i got the device for rs 750 with acer laptop like TEN FREAKING DAYS AGO apparently (cant be sure because the sales people always lie and give you false info) comes with 650 postpaid (1gb) plan which supposedly CAN be changed to prepaid which i want to do but not confirmed whether it is allowed or not yet.

and still waiting for it to be activated, hopefully will be done today/tomorrow only then can i report the speeds i get...

so i still want a second mobile broadband connection... now thinking about reliance netconnect+ (speeds i saw were just from 200 to 500 kbps in my area but reasonable for me) or MTS Blaze... any thoughts about their quality in Pune?

Ho0ligaN said:
Has anyone been successful in talking to a customer care executive and getting a full unlimited tariff plan?

I have a full unlimited plan for Rs 1500. Took it in 2008, when it was available only in Chennai :)

yeah subsequently they have stopped it right, I am thinking of going for the 10GB + 10GB (night) add on pack.

Anybody knows how photon+ is in Mysore?

varkey said:
I have a full unlimited plan for Rs 1500. Took it in 2008, when it was available only in Chennai :)

Is it still possible to get full unlimited. Maximum their sites shows is 15 GB limit..? Tata Photon+.

asingh said:
Is it still possible to get full unlimited. Maximum their sites shows is 15 GB limit..? Tata Photon+.

no man,,earlier they used to have night 10gb extra with 200 ruppes extra - which they have stopped now.why not you try tikona,,they have full unlimited for 1.3k - saw somewhere in the forum//

I will suggest reliance netconnect over tata indicom photon+,,tata need 48 hours to update the data usage - I almost lost around 8k on this thing. Reliance has better data usage monitor system in compare to tata. I dump reliance as they wrongly billed me 30k which they took 2 months to resolve..Try to get some wired unlimited connection - otherwise it will be a cat n mouse game every day/month..

^^

Got the Photon+ on the way back from office. But crummmmmbaa....! The installation wizard cannot recognize my audio software, so will need to take it back tomorrow to the shop and get it activated from their 'system'. Apparently audio must be 'on' to activate the modem (groan), which this device cannot recognize for some reason. My system audio is perfect.

Sigh....! Even before I started, problems. Is this the beginning of the end. Sorry to be a cynic.

asingh said:

Nope, its not available anymore. I got it during their initial testing phase in Chennai.

asingh said:
^^
Got the Photon+ on the way back from office. But crummmmmbaa....! The installation wizard cannot recognize my audio software, so will need to take it back tomorrow to the shop and get it activated from their 'system'. Apparently audio must be 'on' to activate the modem (groan), which this device cannot recognize for some reason. My system audio is perfect.

Sigh....! Even before I started, problems. Is this the beginning of the end. Sorry to be a cynic.

I am using Photon+ from July 2008 and I am very much satisfied. Billing, services everything is great.

They even let you temporarily disconnect the connection for upto 3 months. Very useful for me as I don't need it during my holidays.

Back