Tata Indicom's Photon+ - High Speed Internet Access

^yup... no FUP...just 1500/- plus ~100 bucks tax... yet to get a full month bill. got ~Rs.1000 bill for using it from 10th of last month. have done about 150GB of transfer:eek:hyeah:, so, NO FUP... DEFINITELY:hap2:. bt, donno whether this scheme is available now or not... when i first called them, they said its not available:mad:, so I told them I wont take any connection frm them with a DL cap on it:tongue:. two days latr, I have 1500 UL plan with me;)....

great.. in mumbai i think no FUP plans there... as the agent told me.. should i press for an UNLIMITED plan..???? anyone in mumbai having a no FUP plan...

dynamic external IP is great news for me... thanks for the info...

regards

neo

superczar said:
DUN= Dial Up networking

I have the photon modem working happily on both OS X and Ubuntu (Both unsupported OSs)
There is really no reason why it wouldn't or shouldn't work in win 7,

Hi, this is my first post on the forum. I have been struggling for a long time to install PHOTON HSIA on my macbook, can you please help me with the steps involved.

Thanks

Able to get the mac to recognize the ZTE AC8710 USB card, can any one tell me how to put in the Telephone no to dial up and connect. I have configured the modem as Generic -> Dial Up, but it shows an option to enter only Username and password, where do i put in the tel no to connect ?

Hi all,
I'am in chennai & These tata guys have started the FUP as well. there is 1500Rs Pack with 15GB limit(I think UL + DL) which may exhaust in 2-3 days...
is anybody have link to get an Unlimited pack..
I am planning to move to tata Ph+. I live near poonamalee, and i have to get it for unLtd pack.

P.s: If anybody find/tell who started or invented this FUP, i have a great unsettled account to be settled with him...

Thx

thirumalkumaran said:
P.s: If anybody find/tell who started or invented this FUP, i have a great unsettled account to be settled with him...

Thx

^:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nope! u can't get a new connection without FUP! I tried a few times for a couple of my friends, bt, they insisted no plans were available without FUP... if there are any, i think many wont hesitate to grab it...;)

Any one using Photon+ in Urapakkam (Chennai) ?

Howz the signal strength in Urapakkam ? one of my friend is planning to buy Photon+ soon..

gautham82 said:

Howz the signal strength in Urapakkam ? one of my friend is planning to buy Photon+ soon..

One of my friends tried it out, and the signal was pathetic in that area it seems! Used to fluctuate a lot and max speed was something close to 300kbps. He uses reliance netconnect now and is very satisfied with it.

gautham82 said:

I'm at Potheri ( SRM University ), and the signal is pretty ok. I get avg 100kBps and sometimes 150kBps+

I am planning for UL plans in Mumbai...i.e Vidya Vihar area..

Any UL users ? Is it confirmed that there is no FUP for 1.5k plans...??

P.S : - Does it matter for RANGE/CONNECTIVITY in this case if someone lives on 8th floor ?

Where are u located ? ^^

I used EVDO in pune, a year back and it sucked... Didn't even get 15-20Kb/s download speed even though tower was in range of 1/2 km..

log 1 = 0 said:
I am planning for UL plans in Mumbai...i.e Vidya Vihar area..

Any UL users ? Is it confirmed that there is no FUP for 1.5k plans...??

P.S : - Does it matter for RANGE/CONNECTIVITY in this case if someone lives on 8th floor ?

I have the 1.5k UL plan as I took the connection before the FUP was introduced. But the new 1.5k plan has a 15 GB limit according to TATA site.

I use it on the 7th floor and never had any problem. IMO you get better signals on upper floors. :p

Back