Tata Indicom's Photon+ - High Speed Internet Access

friend of mine is having the TATA photon @ 2.4Mbps and he is getting download speed between 240 - 280 KBps. but @ 1500/month for unlimited plan.. i think, thats good speed for the money he pays for it.

I am wondering how to share this connection across other devices like PS3 and multiple laptops ? For 1500bucks, it really seems like a good idea

I travel quite a lot, i am wondering if any kind of roaming will be charged if i use this from Delhi when i actually picked the service from Bangalore ?

I am wondering how to share this connection across other devices like PS3 and multiple laptops ? For 1500bucks, it really seems like a good idea

You either need to get a EVDO router or use a always ON PC to handle the connection and share it

^^Nope there isn't. I tried another member's connection at my place yesterday. I was getting close to 3mbps. Unbelievable for a tiny usb device. I'm dumping my tata wimax connection.

^^beware though, the pings are terrible

also, the speeds tend to vary

yet, all said & done, it's still a better choice than any other options available currently

Chaos said:
^^Tested pings too... they seemed quite stable - 100ms to singapore.

Its above 200ms in chennai. But who bothers about the pings here :p

Speeds are better than all the ISPs available as on date :eek:hyeah:. I would say its VFM.

Went for a demo of photon ++ in mumbai (croma). the speed at speedtest.net was 110 kbps.. as against promised 380+ kbps..

they had no answer to that except they said that the signal is perhaps 'not so good' inside the mall where my mobile phone was showing complete signal by the way.

sites like yahoo were opening dead slow.

so, this is what i found there.. hopefully speeds will increase not just theoretically but in real usage too..

WildRazor said:
reliance has fup on its evdo .. soon tata will copy that tooo :-s moreover its photon services are not yet launched also nationwide

Photon, too, has implemented FUP.

lounge said:
Went for a demo of photon ++ in mumbai (croma). the speed at speedtest.net was 110 kbps.. as against promised 380+ kbps..

they had no answer to that except they said that the signal is perhaps 'not so good' inside the mall where my mobile phone was showing complete signal by the way.

sites like yahoo were opening dead slow.

so, this is what i found there.. hopefully speeds will increase not just theoretically but in real usage too..

Was it connected in HSIA mode or 1X mode? If its the latter, it'll be dog slow. Here's the speed I get

Back