TCS , a matter of deep frustation

Lord Nemesis said:
I didn't want to say this before, but I think what they said is much more important for your future than anything else.

Your state of mind is no excuse for badly legible text or using SMS Lingo. They are bad habits that people often get struck with and I have often seen college recruits carry them over to their professional life as well. If you use them casually, its quite easy to carry them over to places where you should not be using them. MNC's have a multi-national, multi-cultural, multi-linguistic environment and it is important to cultivate good communication skills (both spoken and written) and there is a reason why English is accepted as a standard language for communication in such environments. That applies to this forum as well. There is a reason why SMS Lingo or H4X0R is not allowed for typing out posts.

How would you feel if everyone wrote their replies in Klingon or H4X0R saying that their state of mind dictated writing like that.

Would you prefer reading text like I posted till now or like below.

no. that is certainly not readable. what all of you guys said is true but doesnot mean i have come here to take my english classes. sms lingo is not that hard to read and if its so unreadable to some members why donot simply avoid my thread ? a simple warning or infarction was enough from the mod , what i saw here over criticizing someone's talking and writing capability what is unacceptable. " take ur sorry ass off " , i guess that was an example of fine english from this forum..

Well good to know that your problem is solved, best of luck for your new life in TVM!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Buddy, you are the one asking for help. We are there to help you out. Its easy to read SMS lingo for a line or two max, then it becomes irritating. That's all.

vivek.krishnan said:
Well good to know that your problem is solved, best of luck for your new life in TVM!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Buddy, you are the one asking for help. We are there to help you out. Its easy to read SMS lingo for a line or two max, then it becomes irritating. That's all.

yes offcourse, when the first member pointed that out i tried to cover up as much as i can. but i guess that was not enough. rather than replying according to the topic it became how much unprofessional my writing skills are. rite ?

Glad everything worked out for you.

Whatever you want to know about TVM. ask away.

1. You will be working at a software park called Technopark. Few good Chain restaurants and normal northie hotels are there also. Youll get whatever food you want. Also the biggest TCS training centre. Co accommodation i guess.

2. Its in Karyavattom. Morning and evenings are fine. At nights dont roam around, or someone might rob you. seriously. Lot of incidents.

3. Most prolly your accommodation will be a place near Pattom or Kesavadaspuram. Its nice place. :). You will be shuttled in mini buses everyday. around 10kms one side.

4. City is not that expensive. But since you from north, youll be treated as such in auto's and rent folks. :S. At some local shops also.

5. Very quiet and slow. coastal town. High humidity.

6. Someone talked about attire. Well i never worked in TCS, but the way people dress.. :S. perhaps just fresh out of college. :)

deep16 said:
no. that is certainly not readable. what all of you guys said is true but doesnot mean i have come here to take my english classes. sms lingo is not that hard to read and if its so unreadable to some members why donot simply avoid my thread ? a simple warning or infarction was enough from the mod , what i saw here over criticizing someone's talking and writing capability what is unacceptable. " take ur sorry ass off " , i guess that was an example of fine english from this forum..

Look, at all phases you'll see similar reaction.

1) Few will come to you, and tell you politely that this is not the way; and you should try this that etc.

2) Many will always relate things with your ASS, may shout as well

3) and more than that a majority will be just silent. as your problem does not affect them.

Now no 1 is rare breed; and 3 is not useful; so I suggest you to reap the positive out of it; see what they are trying to say. do that if it is good for you. And than become someone like no 1).

Now I understand your mental state; when you have not applied for any other job; and the only company has not offered you joining (that too your first job in life), so yeah we do all sort of things in tension. And I also agree that dragging your ASS in all this was not a good idea :)P pun intended); But now as everything is OK; instead of going on rage; correct your writing skills as suggested by others.

And yeah Best of luck for your first job.

yes offcourse, when the first member pointed that out i tried to cover up as much as i can. but i guess that was not enough. rather than replying according to the topic it became how much unprofessional my writing skills are. rite ?

Right!!

From your first post it is clear you are starting your career. I do not think you have yet understood the importance of communication. I am sure you are trying to improve your writing style, but yet SMS lingo creeps up. You will need to consciously improve and not just diss who point it out.

Yea, corporate communications is different to the everyday mannerisms we use for typing. Heck, one has to be careful on chat clients even. That is why I make it a point, to type in a similar fashion on forums and blogs too. :) The quicker a bad habit kicks in, the longer it takes to leave.

deep16 said:
@m-jeri .. love you man for providing such details.... :)

Anything else shoot.

p.s. I was also placed in TCS when i was a fresher. Posting in gurgaon or something.:S. Was placed in other places also. One in Technopark itself. So was cool. :D

Back