Health & Fitness TE Health Insurance Thread

What is the medium through which you have bought your health insurance ?

• Online Official Company Website

• Offline Company Officials

• Offline Brokers

• Online Aggregators (Policy Bazaar, Coverfox etc.)

• Others

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi Everyone,

Starting this health insurance thread so that we can collaborate and advise on this topic which is crucial to our financial well-being.
Posting a link on why one would need health insurance -> Reasons for buying Health Insurance
Another link on single most important thing to focus on before choosing a particular insurer -> Incurred Claim Ratio

Now coming to my query.
I have finalized a particular health insurance plan for my family (2+1) from max bupa. I was planning to buy it from Policy Bazaar as they have no cost emi option. However, came across some news wherein IRDAI imposes Rs 1.11 crore penalty. On further checking the authenticity, came across posts which term Policy Bazaar as frauds. Hence, putting up a poll to see how do we go about purchasing / renewing health insurance policies.

I do not think Policy Bazaar is a fraud. I bought my vehicle insurance through them.

Why not directly buy online from the Insurance Company?

I do not think Policy Bazaar is a fraud. I bought my vehicle insurance through them.

Why not directly buy online from the Insurance Company?

They don't have no cost EMI option, which I would like to avail.

Also when you bought your vehicle insurance, did you cross check your policy number with the insurance company to see if the policy number is registered in their DB ?

Policy Bazaar is not a fraud website. Sure, they must have done some irregularity for which they were fined. So is the case for many sites who aggregate stuff to sell.
You can check with Max Bupa if there is any issue to buy on policy bazaar but I dont think so

There shouldn't be an issue with any of the aggregators as in the end you'll get the company policy itself. If you want the no cost emi, then you can go ahead with policy bazaar. I've helped a couple of friends get their policies through them without an issue (I had purchased my own policy about 10 years back directly through the company).

I'd suggest taking a base policy (5-10L) + a super top up policy for the family. HDFC Ergo has a 20L super top up with 5 lac deductible which is quite reasonable and has fixed premiums post 60 years of age.

I'd suggest taking a base policy (5-10L) + a super top up policy for the family. HDFC Ergo has a 20L super top up with 5 lac deductible which is quite reasonable and has fixed premiums post 60 years of age.

Kindly can you elaborate more about this policy.As i am new to this looked trough some health policies yesterday night net and today morning i got some so much phone calls that made me so confused.I don't even remember what exactly they were trying to explain.I only remember one mam from max bupa who was explaining they have only 15 days waiting period for covid-19.When i asked her about coronary artery syndrome(most of Indians die from this heart disease) and it's therapy like anjioplasty is excluded in their term and condition.She didn't knew anything about it and told she will be back with answers in few moments.never heard from her since(She lectured me on covid for 20 minutes and didn't knew about most fatal disease)or i am total wrong here? as i told you i know very little about these health plans.
II. The following are excluded:
i. Other acute Coronary Syndromes
ii. Any type of angina pectoris
iii. A rise in cardiac biomarkers or Troponin T or I in absence of overt ischemic heart disease OR following an intra-arterial cardiac procedure.
II. The following are excluded:
i. Angioplasty and/or any other intra-arterial procedures.kindly read here
Kindly share your valuable inputs
Regards

I have nothing to contribute here after seeing so much mismanagement (in both the sides)
People with large insurances getting admitted and got their bills cleared for no serious issues at all.
And absolutely genuine claims denied by TPAs.
Saw 2 lack INR been cleared for migraine and similar amount denied for acute stroke ( as the patients didn't receive IV fluids!!)
A bunch of Chinese trained doctors sitting in the TPA offices clearing claims who don't understand between anterior and posterior circulation TIA!!

I guess it depends a lot on the TPA as well as the people handling your claim. I've had great experiences with Apollo Munich, Bajaj Allianz and HDFC ergo over the past 10 years for multiple claims for my family as well as friends. Infact with Apollo (now hdfc ergo after the merger) allowed me to claim totally through their app without even having to courier the receipts and reports to them so that was hassle free.

Most policies cover almost everything after the initial 30 days except pre existing diseases (not covered for 3-4 years) and a specific list of treatments which are not covered for the first 2 years. You can read the policy wordings for details on this.

If you're not comfortable having your policy issued directly through the company or through policy bazaar or the other third party aggregators, drop me a pm and I'll help you out and can even issue it for you if needed. Have registered myself with an aggregator a year back and have been issuing policies for family and friends instead of just recommending what to take since they all come to me for recommendations.

I guess it depends a lot on the TPA as well as the people handling your claim. I've had great experiences with Apollo Munich, Bajaj Allianz and HDFC ergo over the past 10 years for multiple claims for my family as well as friends. Infact with Apollo (now hdfc ergo after the merger) allowed me to claim totally through their app without even having to courier the receipts and reports to them so that was hassle free.

Most policies cover almost everything after the initial 30 days except pre existing diseases (not covered for 3-4 years) and a specific list of treatments which are not covered for the first 2 years. You can read the policy wordings for details on this.

If you're not comfortable having your policy issued directly through the company or through policy bazaar or the other third party aggregators, drop me a pm and I'll help you out and can even issue it for you if needed. Have registered myself with an aggregator a year back and have been issuing policies for family and friends instead of just recommending what to take since they all come to me for recommendations.
Thanks mate, but I possibly don`t need it. I do not have any policy either, we can go to any hospital in my city and get most treatment for free (or a very minimal cost) though I like to treat me and family members myself.

Thanks mate, but I possibly don`t need it. I do not have any policy either, we can go to any hospital in my city and get most treatment for free (or a very minimal cost) though I like to treat me and family members myself.
I visit sarkari hospital only when i needs a fitness certificate for my gun license renewal.only certificate issued by CMO of govt hospital is accepted in gun license renewal.As i can remember government health facilities in Himachal Pradesh were very good some times back.I forgot diamox tab at home when i was going to ladakh.Tried to find a medical shop in Keylong but there was none although keylong is distt headquarter.Locals told they don't have any med shop all medicines they gets from Govt hospital.I went in hospital and got 2,2 strips of diamox for each one of us almost free.Doctors and nurses,wardboys were also very good and kind hearted.Docter gave us some very useful tips for high altitude places

Quick update guys:

So i bought the max bupa policy via policybazaar. Could use the no cost emi option which was not offered by max bupa directly.
My policy has been updated on max website so things are fine there.

Hdfc ergo's health policy holders can avail covid 19 treatment at home if they wish and is should be prescribed by doctor.This will also not effect no claim bonus.Company will bear cost for oxygen cylinder,oximeter,and Nebulizer apart from medicine charge,doctor charges etc.I do not know this service is available for all policy holders or not as i got trough email today.any member want to know more about it then drop me a liner i will share the document i received in mail.This service starts on 1st july and ends 30 september.Kindly note i am nowhere related to hdfcergo in any form i had bought their policy which i cancelled yesterday under free look period.I am a new member and don't know much rules of forum if modes think it's going toward advertise and against the rules of forum then kindly delete it and pardon my ignorance.
Regards

Back