TE improves english

This is kind of interesting, being a native from England (The Country) does not necessarily mean that you speak or write proper English. Being a native English speaker also does not guarantee this, in fact I would say that there are many of you who speak better English than some of the people in the Urban area's around here in California. :hap2:
Though I do wish that people would stop saying "Please advice me" which I tend to see a lot :rofl:

zhopudey said:
That should have been -

Code:
^ Hope it's all right now. :)

I think it should have been:

Code:
I hope it's alright now.

:p

PiXeLpUsHeR said:
Though I do wish that people would stop saying "Please advice me" which I tend to see a lot :rofl:

I love it when I see threads like:

"My system is working slow?"

(added question mark to infuriate you :D)

reminds me when a well known guy opened a thread ranting against people using the "you can go for..." :)

it stopped for a while but you can see those again now.

Rahulrulez said:
hmm, my english is improved well after joining TE. It's not about TE only, internet learned me so much.. Even chatting system also helps to improve your english skills. About English speaking, Skypecasts were ftw, I was always there in room called "Talk in English Corner" I've made lots of friends from all over world there.. It's nice to have voice chat with them :)

That is a beautiful case of sarcasm, it got me for a while :)

Well, since everyone is trying to look pedantic, I'll join in!
vishalrao said:
I think it should have been:

Code:
I hope it's alright now.

All right and alright are equally acceptable. If you're trying to shorten things up, your initial statement should be rewritten as:
"I think it should've been"

Aces170 said:
That is a beautiful case of sarcasm, it got me for a while :)

lol... I didn't even notice it until you quoted it.

Btw, I'd read a paper recently on how people read on paper vs a screen and about that stupid RSVP ticker plugin on firefox and how it affects comprehension.

I corrupted & unlearnt my Good British/Indian English,coming on the Net, in the forums,etc.Overall it has been a Negative Process!

halo_3 said:
Well, since everyone is trying to look pedantic, I'll join in!

All right and alright are equally acceptable. If you're trying to shorten things up, your initial statement should be rewritten as:

"I think it should've been"

That's not just pedantic, it's plain Grammar-Nazi-ism :D This thread should be retitled "The Grammar Nazi Thread"...

Back