Team anna's new campaign Ban Congress (Your vote needed)

pinga123 said:
Do you still have a faith in this gov?

^^ That is not the right question. The right question is: Which other party is eligible?

I would rather live with a nagging wife than divorce her and get married to a whore! :no:

P.S.: The word 'whore' has been used here keeping in mind it's dictionary meaning. Please do not draw random interpretations! :p

nehaladsul said:
^^ That is not the right question. The right question is: Which other party is eligible?

I would rather live with a nagging wife than divorce her and get married to a whore! :no:

P.S.: The word 'whore' has been used here keeping in mind it's dictionary meaning. Please do not draw random interpretations! :p

please invite me to the wedding :p

pinga123 said:
As they say time teaches everyone.

For those who were supporting congress and targeting team anna for needless fast, Do you even feel anyone going to pass this bill .Even if they do it will be of no use.

We see tones of pages in leon's thread but never involved in such discussion .

Anna is old and sick and should not be blamed for calling off the fast

Do we criticize our cricketer for their ill health "No".

Even if you are sick you dont expect your boss to drag you to work.

Common guys give anna a break and discuss more about dirty politicians.

I'm not 'targeting' 'team Anna'.. All I'm saying is that there are other ways to get your voice heard and the one chosen by Anna (/team) isn't necessarily the best one for our democracy.

If threatening to fast until death is the right way of getting things done, then tomorrow our beloved Deve Gowda will sit (sleep?) on a hunger strike along with 1,000+ of his 'supporters' demanding that all the land ever taken up to build NICE road be returned back to the rightful owner (him/his loyalists)

And to take your analogy further, if I am sick, I'll not goto work and then see that there's a lot of work to be done so leave office claiming to be sick! I'll rather stay put at home. Similarly with Anna.

Besides, let us for argument's sake assume that the current govt is the most corrupt in the entire human history. Who can we replace them with? Mayawati? Mulayam Singh Yadav? Yeddyurappa?

red_devil said:
I'm not 'targeting' 'team Anna'.. All I'm saying is that there are other ways to get your voice heard and the one chosen by Anna (/team) isn't necessarily the best one for our democracy.

If threatening to fast until death is the right way of getting things done, then tomorrow our beloved Deve Gowda will sit (sleep?) on a hunger strike along with 1,000+ of his 'supporters' demanding that all the land ever taken up to build NICE road be returned back to the rightful owner (him/his loyalists)

And to take your analogy further, if I am sick, I'll not goto work and then see that there's a lot of work to be done so leave office claiming to be sick! I'll rather stay put at home. Similarly with Anna.

Besides, let us for argument's sake assume that the current govt is the most corrupt in the entire human history. Who can we replace them with? Mayawati? Mulayam Singh Yadav? Yeddyurappa?

If the same thing is done by politicians then it wouldn't be treated in that way.

Why these people dont hike petrol when election is around???.

Blackmail is a wrong word dude .We call it satyagrah Even Gandhi did it to fight against British.

Who can forget Salt March .

I know the fact is the opposition isn't trustworthy but that doesn't mean we should tolerate ruling party for anything.

pinga123 said:
If the same thing is done by politicians then it wouldn't be treated in that way.

Why these people dont hike petrol when election is around???.

Blackmail is a wrong word dude .We call it satyagrah Even Gandhi did it to fight against British.

Who can forget Salt March .

I know the fact is the opposition isn't trustworthy but that doesn't mean we should tolerate ruling party for anything.

^^ Wow!!! Hold it... You call this Satyagraha? And whatever happened to the power of the Parliament? Kiran dancing on the stage and mocking the house is Satyagraha?

And what was the reason for the last 'satyagraha' when the bill was being discussed in Parliament. Is Hazare very fond of this Satyagraha or does he have some real conviction?

And pray tell me why this Satyagraga is biased. Why is it that it is only being done against the Congress? Why not the BJP or the Sena? Why does Kejriwal avoid answering the question of whether or not the Team would be making anti Sena campaigns in the upcoming civic polls?

And when you compare Gandhi to Hazare, do you consider the fact that there is no real similarity between Hazare and Gandhi. Gandhi's life was based on non violence and Hazare is no dove of peace!

Gandhi was fighting against the Britishers, the foreign rulers who were oppressing the Indian people. Whom is Hazare fighting against? Our own people? And for what reason?

The Team claims that a Strong Lokpal will end corruption. I disagree. I believe only education will reduce corruption; and I am saying reduce, not end! So, why isn't the Team working for educational reforms?

Pray tell me, is the Lokpal the only issue left for this new age Gandhi? The real Bapu was never so choosy. He agitated for mill workers, farmers all alike.

Why doesn't the team take up issues of farmers, students, mill workers in India?? Why are they so keen on the issue of Lokpal and other Politics related agenda?

I have said this before and I reiterate, I think Anna Hazare is no Gandhi. If he can be compared to someone, he has to be compared to Jayprakash Narayan who was a bot instrumental in bringing down the Indira Gandhi Government post 1977. The Lokpal issue can best be compared to Jayprakash's Sampoorna kraanti that was meant to topple the Congress.

P.S.: I am not quarreling with you. I understand that you too are only hoping for a better India (just like me). Only that our views of who can make India better are different! :)

^^ its definitely not Anna if that's what you are getting at. He is a person who absolutely lacks vision and apparently has a moral stance that is very similar to that of the Sena.

Lol! just 'cos he wears a 'Gandhi Topi', Anna is no Gandhian!

And how is the creation of a new body going to curb corruption? Our nation cannot have a single dude sitting in an armchair as a lokpal who would wave his magic wand (so to speak) and end corruption in this country. (only JKRowling could do that :p)

Team Anna says Lokpal as a body will (should) have around 90,000 odd people {or something similar IIRC a debate telecast on NDTV). Now who is going to ensure that all these people are utmost honest and will work regardless of any personal interest? Anna? Kejriwal? Bedi? The Bhushan family?

Kejriwal says he envisioned Lokpal by drawing bits and pieces of the current system. If that was indeed the case, then why not push for reforms in the existing system? Why create a new, parallel body to deal with corruption?

Oh and Petrol prices? Seriously? Man, every party does that when elections are around!

Mayawati wants to break her state into 4,

Congress wants some new form of reservation,

BJP wants to build a RAM mandir.. (oh wait thats for the General Elections!)

Heck even Obama claims to want to stop outsourcing and promises stars in broad daylight just to get re elected.

So corruption then...

pinga123 said:
^^^Nehal can you please name one person who can make this change for us?

^^ No, I cannot say for sure! But what I can say for sure is that such a person who can change this for us is definitely NOT Anna Hazare!

And honestly, I never claimed that some person had the power to change the situation or was capable of changing athe situation. Unfortunately, you have been consistently implying by your statements that Anna (and his team) are the persons who can bring this change! :p

On the contrary, If I remember correctly, you were training people in programming and stuff for free. I do not know if you are still doing it. But if you are, YOU are that one person who can change the situation. Even I do my bit. When everyone does their bit, things change. We don't need any dictator like Anna...
pinga123 said:
God help this country......

^^ So true... I would rather bank on an abstract entity like God than depend on a hopeless mortal like Anna! :lol:

EDIT: Just saw your signature and got to know that you are still doing your bit! So, you asked me to name a person... here it is: pinga123 :clap:

P.S.: I answered your question. You didn't answer even a single one of the many I asked previously! Lolzzz :p

^^ No, I cannot say for sure! But what I can say for sure is that such a person who can change this for us is definitely NOT Anna Hazare!

Agree but atleast he was successful in creating a much needed spark . I was never involved in political discussion but now i feel the necessity.

And honestly, I never claimed that some person had the power to change the situation or was capable of changing athe situation. Unfortunately, you have been consistently implying by your statements that Anna (and his team) are the persons who can bring this change! :p

No, I was just protesting him . What are we going to get if we continue blaming anna?

If you go back we had got the assurance of passing the bill . This was only due to supporting anna.

now we are nowhere as he is sick and getting less response.

At least he was capable of compelling the government to do according to people (Much needed one).

I m damn sure that lokpal is never going to be pass in next 50 year considering the fact that They are clever enough to hold it for more than 40 year

On the contrary, If I remember correctly, you were training people in programming and stuff for free. I do not know if you are still doing it. But if you are, YOU are that one person who can change the situation. Even I do my bit. When everyone does their bit, things change. We don't need any dictator like Anna...

Yes i do it now as well but these day i get very little time so only one batch is running(linux).

Agree we might not need anna but definitely need a leader.

I dont think any of our politicians has a profile like anna does.(Please refer below---source Wikipedia)

Year Award Awarding organization

2011 NDTV Indian of the Year with Arvind Kejriwal[163] NDTV

2008 Jit Gill Memorial Award World Bank

2005 Honorary Doctorate Gandhigram Rural University

2003 Integrity Award Transparency International

1998 CARE International Award CARE (relief agency)

1997 Mahaveer Award

1996 Shiromani Award

1992 Padma Bhushan President of India

1990 Padma Shri President of India

1989 Krishi Bhushana Award Government of Maharashtra

1986 Indira Priyadarshini Vrikshamitra Award Government of India
^^ So true... I would rather bank on an abstract entity like God than depend on a hopeless mortal like Anna! :lol:

EDIT: Just saw your signature and got to know that you are still doing your bit! So, you asked me to name a person... here it is: pinga123 :clap:

What can i say an exaggerated statement although i like it.:hap2:

P.S.: I answered your question. You didn't answer even a single one of the many I asked previously! Lolzzz :p

Hope I made it this time.

pinga123 said:
Agree but atleast he was successful in creating a much needed spark . I was never involved in political discussion but now i feel the necessity.

Yes i do it now as well but these day i get very little time so only one batch is running(linux).

Agree we might not need anna but definitely need a leader.

I dont think any of our politicians has a profile like anna does.(Please refer below---source Wikipedia)

Year Award Awarding organization

2011 NDTV Indian of the Year with Arvind Kejriwal[163] NDTV

2008 Jit Gill Memorial Award World Bank

2005 Honorary Doctorate Gandhigram Rural University

2003 Integrity Award Transparency International

1998 CARE International Award CARE (relief agency)

1997 Mahaveer Award

1996 Shiromani Award

1992 Padma Bhushan President of India

1990 Padma Shri President of India

1989 Krishi Bhushana Award Government of Maharashtra

1986 Indira Priyadarshini Vrikshamitra Award Government of India

^^ Well, I dunno about the spark he created... He was providing free food to all the people who attended his 'satyagraha' and I am sure that in a poverty and hunger striken nation like India, free food means a lot of attention. I bet he'll not get 1/10th of the support once he stops providing the food. In fact, the people of Mumbai actually showed that they would rather work and earn their livelihood that enjoy free food for a day or two!

As for the people on the streets, it was just a political issue fueled by the corrupt parties who want to make the Lokpal an election issue.

Now, if you are going by the awards, I think Sachin Tendulkar is the best person to be our leader! :p Awards don't tell a thing! I do not believe that there is a single award on this earth (leave alone a corrupt nation like ours!) that is not biased!

Hell, even Aishwarya Rai got a Padma Shree!! If she got it for the Miss World Bikini Round or for the lip-lock with Hrithik in Dhoom 2 is still unknown! :mad:

My point: Just coz a person has won some award does not mean that we must blindly follow him or support him. You need to check his background as well!

Please do check this video now that we are at it:

^^^^Crap I have been following him since my school days . I dont think any of these people(critics) known to public .

I even doubt they are real.

Let the Poll says it all nehal .

If you talk about support and start counting the numbers.

lalu and mayawati gets entire village attendance .

Do you still think on relying on support factor in terms of count???

They say bad words for Gandhi as well (just put this on youtube "anti gandhi comments")

I can post these videos here but i truly respect gandhi and his vision so don't want to spoil his image.

if you are good you will find tones of people saying bad about you.

P.S : It would be interesting to know your idol (Please don't say sachine tendulkar . we are talking about leader and a sportsman).

pinga123 said:
They say bad words for Gandhi as well (just put this on youtube "anti gandhi comments")

I can post these videos here but i truly respect gandhi and his vision so don't want to spoil his image.

if you are good you will find tones of people saying bad about you.

P.S : It would be interesting to know your idol (Please don't say sachine tendulkar . we are talking about leader and a sportsman).

^^ I am completely aware of what people say about Gandhi... In fact, I have a very strong and unshakable opinion about him in my own mind which not many would accept!

To come to the Idol question, I look up to Shaheed Bhagat Singh. (Now you know exactly why I have a strong opinion about Gandhi!). But I do not blame Gandhi for Bhagat's death coz anyone who truly understands the life and purpose of Bhagat will know that he wanted it to happen. The martyr would have been in utter despair had he been saved by Gandhi.

Again, I would like to say that even though Bhagat disapproved of the moderate ways, he was never one to criticize Gandhi. He knew and recognized him as another freedom fighter.

And yes, I know Avinash Dharmadhikari Sir and have known Dr. Abhijit Vaidya personally. I have learned a lot from Dharmadhikari Sir. They are as real (or a lot more) than Anna! Also, I have known Anna personally as he was once invited to the inauguration of my Uncle's hospital.

And when you talk about polls, I think the civic polls in Maharashtra have already shown us a lot!! The Shiv Sena went out to say that it would be good if Anna opposed the Sena as the Congress (whom Anna was opposing) got great results! :lol:

^^there you are .Even Bhagatsingh is not fully accepted .

I never heard of Abhijit Vaidya so can't argue over him but let me remind you again its not a number game.

Its a dirty politics .Bhagatsingh,gandhi are just names used for getting votes.

Moral of story: We shouldn't discuss/criticize over anna, gandhi & bhagtsingh as its not going to yield anything instead let put voice against ruling government for 1000s of issues.

Movement success/failure isn't going to add/reduce revenues for Anna but the corrupt politicians.

^^ You are grossly mistaken if you think that I am pro Congress. I am not pro any party!

But after taking a look at the options, I would rather vote for Congress than the Saffron Alliance (BJP)! Agreed that Congress has had a bad record for Corruption but the BJP has a bad record for Corruption as well as Anti-Secularism!

I was born in a Hindu Family, studied in a Catholic school where atleast 50% enrollments are from the Muslim Community. Apart from Hindus and Muslims, my close friend circle includes Parsis, Sikhs, Christians in ample numbers. So, I would accept corruption over religious divide anyday!

I have seen and known the Tricolour as it is. I do not and will not want to see the Saffron and Green separately... Not now, and never...

Back