Team Fortress 2 - F2P?

Re: Team Fortress 2 - Free to Play ?

rabid.parrots said:
i never understood the logic of ranks. as a pyro, you will most certainly die/suicide if a cart is almost near the objective, even if it is to buy your team a bit more time, so why should you rub it in my face with -ve ranks?

ranks force ppl to play too conservatively, imho.
Stop playing there? Play on the frag.box server. Rank mods ruin the fun :|

DigitalDude said:
yes, these rank mods and rtd is spoiling the fun :( lagging is a serious letdown. why don't people get it ? we just want to have a good game :(
Whenever i "hi" ingame u, u don't reply :mad:

Sigh im resigned to playing TF2 only when BSNL gives me a decent ping it seems. BTW guys my friends saw "Ultimate Direct Hit" apparently had imba stats, anyone here know anything about making special weapons ?

I'm getting HL2.exe has stopped working error whenever I try to start a game in TF2 (even the tutorial) :(.

The game opens up into the menu fine. It's only when I try to start the game there is this problem.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

kvikram said:
I'm getting HL2.exe has stopped working error whenever I try to start a game in TF2 (even the tutorial) :(.

The game opens up into the menu fine. It's only when I try to start the game there is this problem.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Yea dude, check integrity of the files. The steam downloader and the steam client are steaming piles of shit!

After suddenly deciding I need to re-download entire Portal 2, yesterday, scumbag steam decided I need to re-download L4D2 also. Great. Just great!

All I had to do was restart Steam. And I wasted half an hour poring over google search results :cursing:

Was having a particularly bad days with steam and I guess someone at valve heard all this. So, here is an update I got just now:

Over the years, Steam has delivered a lot of bits to a lot of people. Delivering content is really at the core of Steam, and we have been working on improving that core. As of today, you can download some of the content on Steam using all-new server and client code to get the job done.

The new content system is designed to do two things: deliver better download rates in more places around the world, and also to simply streamline the publishing process on Steam, ultimately making it possible to ship more games than we would have been able to with the old system.

The maximum aggregate bandwidth of the system will be greater than the current system; this will help us satisfy spikes in demand when there’s a big release. We will also be able to send content from more places, to better serve people all around the globe. All the content on the new system is sent via HTTP; this is more firewall-friendly than the current system, and will automatically take advantage of web-caching proxies installed at ISPs.

Another way that the new content system improves the bandwidth picture is by requiring each user to download less data. With the Steam content system that’s been in place for a few years now, if an individual file on disk were modified by a game update, your client had to download the whole file. That can be painful when the file in question is really large. The new system supports delivering only the differences between the old and new files, meaning game updates will be much smaller overall.

These changes have given us an opportunity to write new tools for game developers and content publishers that simplify the process of both publishing and updating a game on Steam. Simplifying the publishing process means it takes the partner and us less time to ship each product, so we can ship more stuff to more users.

In addition, the new content system will allow us to build several new features that we’ve often heard requested. Upcoming client releases will include things like download scheduling, bandwidth throttling, and prioritizing which games get downloaded first. You’ll also be able to download an update to a game while you’re playing that game; Steam will apply the update after you exit the game.

Over time, more and more of the content on Steam will be delivered using this new system. Soon, Dota 2 will be delivered using it. In the meantime, if you’d like to try out this new content system you can do so right now; if you download a 1280x720 (HD) trailer from the store, it will happen via the new content system.

I hope all this comes asap!!

^ What a joke the Steam publishing system has been ever since its launch in 2004.

One would think that a primarily digital distribution service would atleast have a decent download manager at its core with basic features like throttling and scheduling. But no, the Steam download manager has been suffering from all the same problems it did at launch like getting slammed with ridiculously big updates for no reason. Only the community integration side has improved greatly.

Finally we are getting basic features like throttling and scheduling which should have been present since day 1. About freakin' time...

playing with 300+ in lagbox server is fun :eek:hyeah:.Also Reyez awesome job today :hap2:

Rg_M said:
Also Reyez awesome job today :hap2:
lol thanks man!

Some screenshots (all from today)-

2B99E7AEFAC002FD36D5D049D1C11D62DE0D71E1

5845968E43F853490BEFAF40A922D09FDD565741

FD3F9C810B09A2040AD4C5C542A47D0F72A0CF05

6594BCDF69518854D317EE10D0B91168F5CDEF91

427B8B4BCCA913D5D41B2888B2BB3D09A64153EB

LOL! I didn't know you were all TE guys on that server (I'm Strider7).

Also, if you're using voice chat, plz talk in English. I'm from TN and I dunno Hindi :(

Normally what are the times of the day that people are online on that server?

This is just an AWESOME game :eek:hyeah:! I've played 10 hours last three days! Normally don't game this much!

Yeah, it's arguably the best and most distinct multiplayer FPS right now. Every other game has went the generic realistic shooter way with the same cookie cutter assault rifles and pistols.

No other game allows you to throw a jar of piss at others or charge at them with a medieval shield :D.
And even though it seems cartoony or childish at face, there's some very balanced method behind all the madness.

I am unable to switch weapons sometimes using the number keys. Switching by scroll-wheel works though.

Once I switch using the scroll-wheel, the number keys also start functioning properly. Happens once around 15-20 mins I guess.

pr0ing said:
I am unable to switch weapons sometimes using the number keys. Switching by scroll-wheel works though.

Once I switch using the scroll-wheel, the number keys also start functioning properly. Happens once around 15-20 mins I guess.

Same is happening to me as well. Gets irritating as I am addicted to switching (via Q) very often , specially with spy. . love the sling movement of the knife :D

Back