Team Fortress 2 - F2P?

Re: Team Fortress 2 - Free to Play ?

! 0 t A said:
Its sad to see the community degrading slowly with bullshit CS community tagging along with the free to play campaign.

I remember when I left CS for TF2 , the community still hasnt changed after 5 years. . . still populated with pricks who won't wait a second before judging some1's gameplay and calling them Noob and banishing them for life. I was part of that community for years. But then I saw the TF2 community and it was a revelation. Every1 was so polite so helpful. .every1 wanted to have FUN and keep the game clean.

Now its all going down I feel . . I am seeing the word Noob more often than before, people are not helping each other :(

Hope people realize soon that this game is for pure fun ! And team work :)
Though I agree completely with you, Valve has been very clever in designing this game. They have made sure that a rogue "Rambo" in the team cannot ensure a win if he plays alone. These kind of idiots are going to get bored of the game pretty soon and only those who love the genre and the gameplay style will stay. I've rarely seen pro CS players finding TF2 interesting. :p

Damn WTF is this?

Says I can't start the game because STEAM servers are too busy at the moment! WTF WTF WTF!!

If this has anything to do with free users increasing load beyond capacity, then I'm mad, oh yeah, I'm mad.

comp@ddict said:
Damn WTF is this?

Says I can't start the game because STEAM servers are too busy at the moment! WTF WTF WTF!!

If this has anything to do with free users increasing load beyond capacity, then I'm mad, oh yeah, I'm mad.

I logged in here to post the same problem. I'm facing the same issue. Tried everything that popped up from Google result, but all effort in vain. :|

pretttt said:
I doubt its BSNL issue. I also use BSNL connection, but I dont have this issue. At least not yet.

Oh! Which plan you are on? BSNL 750UL?

comp@ddict said:
Thats why I ask you guys to join the 20 player Indian servers only. They don't lag, no.

Server IP please.

^^ the APEX #2 and #3 servers. They seem to be, err, down, disappeared from my list totally.

I logged in here to post the same problem. I'm facing the same issue.

Damn, must be the singaporeans going ga ga! since we download content from singapore servers after all.

comp@ddict said:
Damn WTF is this?

same prob here....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

solved it

check this link

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5483-YUFN-0521

XTechManiac said:
Server IP please.
Posting this link for the third time in this thread. People take note :p.
Team Fortress 2 Server List | Search Tf2 Stats, Rankings, and Banners in India [IN] - Game Tracker

Favour the 20-24 slot servers whenever possible.

As for the lag and less than optimal gameplay issue, that's because of the questionable Internet infrastructure in the country combined with poorly configured servers (read 32 slot).
Stick to the 20-24 slot servers and it should be fine most of the time.

Also server owners need to realise that this game needs somewhat more resources than CS servers and allocate hardware and bandwidth accordingly.

Ok. I thought my net connection was the problem. Going through your posts, I am somewhat relieved that it is due to the server issue. Will try the 20 player servers then..

I face the same problem from my BSNl line on every server being honest, Indians server's got nothing to do with it atleast for me.

I just got slammed by Valve on a 3.7GB Update for TF2.

And the speeds from India region isn't exceeding 21Kb/s

Aman27deep said:
I face the same problem from my BSNl line on every server being honest, Indians server's got nothing to do with it atleast for me.

But, I dont face such lags when I play late night on US or EU servers..Maybe its because the traffic from India is less on late nights?..I have no idea..

comp@ddict said:

I got a 70mb update. I guess, all the updates which u missed earlier are done as one..

I got a 70mb update. I guess, all the updates which u missed earlier are done as one..

But I thought the update roll-out happens simultaneously, or it's supposed to happen like that isn't it.

:sigh:, no TF2 today. SAD.

comp@ddict said:
But I thought the update roll-out happens simultaneously, or it's supposed to happen like that isn't it.

Yeah. it is actually supposed to happen simultaneously. Steam sometimes behaves weirdly.

comp@ddict said:

:sigh:, no TF2 today. SAD.
I had a 141.8 MB update, and i played from office for a bit :p Just came back home and updating 141.8 MB again, lolz.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BTW seems like ur updating what many of us had to update 2-3 days back.

comp@ddict said:

You're not laughing now, are you? :bleh:

BTW seems like ur updating what many of us had to update 2-3 days back.

well, my region was set to singapore before this, maybe singapore region is getting the update today.

You're not laughing now, are you?

ass, I'll frag u in-game wait for me.

^ Yeah mine is Singapore region too and I didn't have any updates earlier on.

I reinstalled my OS and before reinstalling I had done a Steam backup of TF2. But the damn thing doesn't restore it. After restoring it starts downloading 9.8GB. :mad:

. After restoring it starts downloading 9.8GB.

same case with me, restore feature doesn't F***ing work, like the rest of many steam features, it's BUGGED.

And I have downloaded over 1.5GB, still a LONG WAY TO GO.

Damn this is depressing. Such a huge update for F***ing new ManCo Items? WTF!

Back