Team TechEnclave at WCG

@ Funky. i am using the windows client. United devices for windows. have dloaded the Boinc client now. will see if it works.

ugh!! @#$%*!!!!! nothing works here! god i hate this company..... :mad: installed the Boinc client. but now it says, "
World community grid cudnt do internet connection, and no default connection is selected . Please connect to the internet , or select a default connection using advanced/options/connections"

went to proxy settings, gave the proxy settings which are there in my browser. but even then i get the same response. :( what to do. ???? :huh:

Update: just tried downloading Folding@home. That seems to be working fine on this stupid network. Is there a TE team for F@H?

Just try this.

Close the BOINC agent. Restart it.

in BOINC client. got to advanced view > projects(default tab) > click on update.

says project is temporarily unavailable :( what now?

Update: tried all the project links. All of them are giving the same response :( temporarily unavailable. is it normal?

sourav9385 said:
says project is temporarily unavailable :( what now?

Update: tried all the project links. All of them are giving the same response :( temporarily unavailable. is it normal?

Had the same problem, came to a conclusion that the company firewall is blocking it out :(

shirish said:
Hi all,
I just went to see the team, World Community Grid - Statistics Update but came up with this :-

This happens when they are updating team and user stats.
Its usually done every 12 hours. At the moment its done every 24 hours due to some issues and it taking longer than usual. It just means they are calculation the work done by the users over last 24 hours and updating their website.
Just visit after some time.

archish said:
Had the same problem, came to a conclusion that the company firewall is blocking it out :(

it isnt a good idea to run these clients on your work comp, people have been known to get fired coz of 'security breaches'
atleast let your admin know if you are chummy with him :p

^^ even WCG officially says that install this only on those pcs on which you have permission to install the software....

anyway i've reached 2nd spot after funky on TE@WCG :)

yup...Boinc takes time to update, 'coz it validates the results before awarding you the points. So essentially multiple copies are given out to ppl and then validated against each other, so as to verify the authenticity of the computed data returned. This means you won't be awarded points until a certain no. of other ppl who had the same copies of task as yours have finished the task. I didn't get any points from boinc in the beginning until 2 days of continuous running the programs....

On the other hand, i'vent seen anything like this for United devices....

Another fact is, for the same cpu time of task you compute, boinc gives slightly more points than united devices...

SharekhaN said:
I dont get it ..i have finished over3-4 results yet nothing seems to have been updated yet ...???
You will see there are Results with status 'Pending validation'.
Thats why they have not been registered yet.
The same set of data is sent to 3 users. When all 3 users finishes the processing and send results back to the server, these 3 results are matched then Result is verified and you get the points.
Now some person will finish it in 3 hours, some will take 6 some will take few days.
So it takes time. Keep on crunching. after 3-4 days you will start to get steady flow of points.
And do not worry you are not the only one. I have over 40 results pending validation :bleh:

Funky said:
The same set of data is sent to 3 users. When all 3 users finishes the processing and send results back to the server, these 3 results are matched then Result is verified and you get the points.
[/B]

It depends which task you are running -
Here is the minimum quorum required for each task -
genome comp: 3
aids:15
proteome folding:15
So genome comp will not only finish first and consume a lot less resources (which matters for those not having monster pcs), but also you'll have more probability of getting your tasks validated earlier.

i am doing only the Aids project.. have opted out of proteome and genome projects ...

doing other projects ..is that helpful in any way or sticking to one project .. ?

wolfff said:
How do you check how many results are pending validation? Or is it just a estimate :p

go here (of course sign in) View Boinc Results

Count all the results with status pending validation...

You can even see how many ppl are still running the same task which is pending validation for you....

SharekhaN said:
i am doing only the Aids project.. have opted out of proteome and genome projects ...
doing other projects ..is that helpful in any way or sticking to one project .. ?

Try to choose atleast 2 projects... there are times when there are no tasks available for a certain project, so if you choose 2 then that will be more productive.

rPOk said:
go here (of course sign in) View Boinc Results

Count all the results with status pending validation...

You can even see how many ppl are still running the same task which is pending validation for you....

Well you can just use the filter menu in that same page.

And just filter out results which are pending validation.

And here is a hit. each page has max of 15 results displayed. so simply count the no of pages x15. (Just count results on last page manually ;) )

SharekhaN said:

There is no real use of doing that unless you want to do 1 single project for some reason.

But as Wolfff stated, select min of 2 and ideally all projects.

Back