Team TechEnclave at WCG

200mph said:
i am not on the bonic client but the other one , i dont remember the name of it now. i tired the snoozing option also last time a task done at 60 went zoom after it being snoozed and then closed. oh in btw i tried installing the bonic first but it did not for some error came up.

United Devices Agent or United Agent or something similar to this. Sorry cant help you there as use the boinc client & only on linux.

waah see this
Eventually, credit may reflect network transfer and disk storage as well as computation. Source: Link
i have alloted only 5 GB space as right now i dont have much space left also i have noticed tht BOINC folder amounts to mere 70MB so is it really neccessary to allot such huge amount of space or will tht 70MB increase as i complete more tasks??

Havent seen the BOINC client using more than 100MB at any point, but as suggested by Funky, I set disk usage to 20GB.

The size of the folder keeps varying as it keeps downloading/uploading tasks.

Allotting more disk space would perhaps fetch you more credit.

UPDATE

There is issue with WCG servers since this morning.
Tasks you have completed may not get reported. Servers down mostly.
Do no, I repeat DO NOT cancel or abandon your task thinking there is something wrong with your PC.
Its a server issue. They are moving to quad processor server at WCG. So boinc will not report tasks.
Expected to be fully operational by 1PM IST.

^^ you don't compute while streaming...you download packets of tasks (~1-4mb), compute on them offline, then upload your results via net to their server.....there are 2 agents which take care of all this - united devices and boinc....for more details, go to link saiyan earlier gave.

UPDATE

WCG scheduler is offline again. So you must be having problems reporting your completed work or getting new work.

Unfortunately no official statement is out yet unlike the other day when official statement and warning of downtime was give.

So as of now. just hold on.

it will be down for the next 3 hours prolly unless everythings fixed in a short span :)
5/25/2007 3:08:31 PM|World Community Grid|Deferring communication for 3 hr 42 min 50 sec

probably more than that as the people who take care of stuff are probably asleep and wont be reaching office anytime soon to maintain and fix the issue.

I am running out of work in less than 1 hour :(

hmm lets see i have a relatively slow internet connection, will running this mean its going to become even slower ? how much bandwith does it use up ?

Back