Team TechEnclave at WCG

shrey said:
hmm lets see i have a relatively slow internet connection, will running this mean its going to become even slower ? how much bandwith does it use up ?

it wont become slower as such. WCG do not use net all the time. It just downloads small amount of data when it needs the work and uploads small amount to submit results. This does not take much bandwidth. Hardly 2 MB if you have decent machine. and 3-4 MB in whole day if you have very fast machine which crunch faster.

oh ok then i guess my single core rig shouldn't download more than 2-3 mb...thanks :) joined the team, will start crunching tonite :)

Ok... just joined...but cant be bothered to go through the whole thread.

I want to download Uinted Devices because it is related to Duchenne Muscular Distrophy and I want to do my bit for that.

Is it ok ?? Or is BOINC still recommended ??

U can continue with UD for now. Just make sure you configure your device to 100% cpu ( see the tips and tricks thread, same profile screen has the CPU % option as well ).

MD is coming ot BOINC this year soon. So you can switch to BOINC later.

BOINC is just easier to configure with plenty of options.

Welcome :D

I am out of crunching for the next 10 -15 days . Blew the onboard network adapter during the thunderstorm yesterday here . :( . my motherboard will be out for replacement .

SharekhaN said:
I am out of crunching for the next 10 -15 days . Blew the onboard network adapter during the thunderstorm yesterday here . :( . my motherboard will be out for replacement .

yeah heard about that. :(

If you are on cablenet, get yourself APC network surge protector and run your internet lan wire through a cheapo switch. This is no1 cause of mobo damage.

ADSL users also get the surge protectors for the phone lines :)

If you cant find them locally let me know i can arrange it for you guys.

Things like this happens. Its time for others to step in and fill the gap :)

Funky said:
yeah heard about that. :(

If you are on cablenet, get yourself APC network surge protector and run your internet lan wire through a cheapo switch. This is no1 cause of mobo damage.

ADSL users also get the surge protectors for the phone lines :)

If you cant find them locally let me know i can arrange it for you guys.

Things like this happens. Its time for others to step in and fill the gap :)

I just joined....so, I guess that compensates a bit :p

the wcg bugs bitten me!! i just registered on wcg and joined team techenclave.
i downloaded the united devices client. :)

go to your profile page in WCG and go to the find team page. There type techenclave and go to the team and hit join. Thats all.

damm.. i went to team TE's link but it says statistics are being updated.. it wil take another 1 hour.. grr... its not even letting me search a team. Same message, stats being updated.. :mad:just when i managed to start putting company resources to good use :bleh:

Sourav said:
damm.. i went to team TE's link but it says statistics are being updated.. it wil take another 1 hour.. grr... its not even letting me search a team. Same message, stats being updated.. :mad:just when i managed to start putting company resources to good use :bleh:

lol.
that happens twice a day. around 6-7am in the morning ans around same time in the evening. During this period site is down for stats update.

Back