Skilled
Jun 15, 2008
Navi Mumbai
Gaurish said:
:rofl::rofl:
We need more girls like these in our country:D

PS: there are automatic vending machines installed for this purpose

which reminds me of a situation.
this female friend of mine was at VT station (mumbai) and went to vending machine thinking it is a ticket vending machine..which it was not..she realized that when the whole crowd started staring at her....and we all were like :rofl:

what a day!!

Gaurish

ex-Mod
Apr 7, 2006
Jaipur
www.gaurishsharma.com
madnav said:

this female friend of mine was at VT station (mumbai) and went to vending machine thinking it is a ticket vending machine..which it was not..she realized that when the whole crowd started staring at her....and we all were like :rofl:

what a day!!

We certainly don't need these kinds of girls in our country, who can't tell difference between condom and ticket vending machine:bleh:

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
Oct 7, 2009
Top Gear Test Track
i believe we indians in general are the biggest bunch of hypocrites when it comes to sex or relationships - we all frown upon such things but its very weird bcoz our country actually taught the world the art of sex-kamasutra--the sculptures in temples all over the country, osho rajneesh ,etc etc.

to quote Mr. Russel Peters :" In India no one talks about sex but we are one of the largest populations in the world - someone is F**king right now!!! "

i do believe this topic will lead to loads of controversies. do shut this thread.

Party Monger

Skilled
Jul 15, 2007
madnav said:

what a day!!

We need to get rid of such a crowd rather than the dumb lady..

Wat if she really wanted to take out a condom?

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
Oct 7, 2009
Top Gear Test Track
the moral police brigade i feel are the biggest bunch of hypocrites! they watch people in parks they watch lewd mmses and after they get off on those they start shouting slogans and bring out morchas.

Apr 28, 2009
Brampton
madnav said:
well atleast they are not married to each other by society at that age unlike in india..so i think it is not illegal.

on the other hand.. teenage pregnancy has got nothing to do with development of the country...it is all about the development of the society..just because there is no such TV show in india does not imply that teenage pregnancy is null in india.

there was a certain girl in my school who got pregnant in 9th standard...14-15yr old i suppose.

btw, how is a 14yr old suppose to buy condoms ?

he is not even authorized to have a bank account to buy online..

Teenage pregnancy has things to do with the development of the country my friend, Statistics show that the less developed countries have more cases of teenage pregnancies (One of the reasons being the lack of knowledge about contraceptive measures). India has one of the highest cases of teenage pregnancies btw. And the development of the society directly affects the overall development of the country.

broadway

Disciple
Jun 3, 2009
The topic is "age of consent' and "teenage" pregnancy". Not condom machines, hypocrites or controversies. The thread will be closed when absolute necessary. For now, stick to the topic and keep the recommendations to yourselves. Yes, you've proved that your helpful and that you care.

Tech_enthu

Adept
Nov 7, 2008
+1, that my friends is the sad truth, India is one of the countries where young girls are exploited since a very early age.
Mephistopheles said:
Teenage pregnancy has things to do with the development of the country my friend, Statistics show that the less developed countries have more cases of teenage pregnancies (One of the reasons being the lack of knowledge about contraceptive measures). India has one of the highest cases of teenage pregnancies btw. And the development of the society directly affects the overall development of the country.

madnav

Skilled
Jun 15, 2008
Navi Mumbai
@Mephistopheles

i was saying on the similar line.

broadway said:
The topic is "age of consent' and "teenage" pregnancy". Not condom machines, hypocrites or controversies. The thread will be closed when absolute necessary. For now, stick to the topic and keep the recommendations to yourselves. Yes, you've proved that your helpful and that you care.

and the correct spelling is you're

and yes.. a discussion will always lead to different views and sub-topics.. unless precisely defined as a debate.

do you recall a single topic in GT which has ended meaningfully and with a single direction?

probably different people have different concerns when they are presented with issues..

HailStonE

Skilled
Sep 29, 2006
Lord Nemesis said:
That is true. in most other countries, the parents of a minor girl can register a rape case even in case of consensual sex if the parent objects to it. In India it is not even needed. In fact even the parents can be charged if they were found to have consented to/encouraged such an act .

Each county has its own age of consent. The lowest I have heard is 14 years for a girl and that is every rare. The normal in most places is 16 or 18 years. The highest I have heard is 21 years for the girl.

The laws are pretty one sided for such cases in our country. Even in case of consensual sex, the girl can charge the guy (even if it is her husband) with rape any time and unless the guy absolutely proves that it was consensual sex with irrefutable evidence, the benefit of doubt goes in favor of the girl.

Umm.. Err... Um... That's what my post said... :p

sydras

Skilled
Jul 11, 2006
I wonder if there are any studies to indicate how the children of teenage mothers or fathers fare. IMO, before modern day society, there were lot of teenage mothers and fathers and I believe it wasn't frowned upon.

Modern day society frowns upon teenage pregnancies because we supposedly know better (but do we?) I have to admit that it's difficult to live in today's society without being socially qualified with a degree or education of some sort(which immediately takes a hit when you have a child) but I don't think it's the end of the world if you're a pregnant teen.

From a scientific point of view, you are able to produce/carry children in your teens. But I believe, the age of 23-28 is the best time for a girl to bear a child (to prevent breast/ovarian cancer). No age limit for guys though :p.

I don't know where I stand on this topic. Anyway, we are all screwed up in one way or the other :bleh:. Life goes on.

saumilsingh

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
It really is a common sense issue. If we need a thread to break it down for us and laws to regulate it, then that right there is the problem.

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
motorheadinc said:
Plus the government gives them incentives like council homes. WTF....
It's not an incentive its prolly a major reason these girls get pregnant in the first place. Council housing is for those that cannot afford a house of their own, so this is a loophole that is exploited here.

They are free to abort if they choose to but these aren't accidental pregnancies are they ;)

@OP
There is such a thing as child support. They usually chase the fathers up to get their share. If the father's are minor's then they wait till they are majors.

The point here is the newborn child is innocent in this whole mess.

Ppl are up in arms over the whole affair as it just increases the burden on the tax payer.

It's a difficult problem to tackle.

Party Monger

Skilled
Jul 15, 2007
broadway said:

Anythin else Mr wannabe mod? :p

@all those crying - Its a discussion for god's sake, cut the crap, if you dont like it dont open and read..