Tell me the Best University for MBA Course for Job Prefessionals

Tell him to take the break and go for a regular mba.distance or part time mba's dont really have much alue in the industry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ohh.. thanks !! But My bro can't leave the job !! anyways i ll explain him.. !! this thread will be still alive if any option is available for MBA from Distance !!

To name a few,

Bharti Vidhya Peeth, Symbiosis, Manipal University

Does Symbiosis Provide Distance MBA ?

my uncle is doing distance mba from sikkin manipal univ .. dont know how the university is .. wouldnt EXEC mba be a better option ??

Please Confirm from him that is it a good to do Distance MBA from there ?

http://www.rediff.com/getahead/2008/sep/10edu.htm

P
lease Go through This Link and plz reply on this !!

It would be better if we knew what the MBA was for. (My opinion in italics)

Getting a promotion to a manager? - Forget distance education. Unfortunately HRs don't seem to attach any value to that. Go for full-time. If time-duration is a constraint, there are a few 1-year MBAs to look at.

Learning about management in general so he can work better/start a company? -If he's proactive enough, get the syllabus of any good MBA college, and buy/download books that are given in the 'To Read' section.

As a name-suffix for a wedding invitation? (Seriously.) -Forget it. Who's gonna check?

i am doing 2 year PGDBA - HR (distance) from Symbiosis. total program cost excluding exam fee is 30k.

details here: http://www.scdl.net/scdl/ProgramTypeListing.aspx?Type=1

if your friend is in Finance field better do CMA -6 months certification. you can find the details here: http://www.imanet.or...tification.aspx

Its an international certification and my friends are doing this. they said it helps them getting promotion/ salary hike!!. it has weekend clases and exam will be held outside india. total cost must be around 2 lakhs including exam/abroad travel, etc...

distance education is a great value addition for working people, and it demonstrates hard work and is definitely looked upon very favourably by employers. If an internal job/promotion requires mba certainly distance mbas are not only taken into consideration but sometimes often preferred. The only issue is the quality of network. A sikkim manipal distance will give you a link with sikkim manipal alums - how much will that help? In one of my ex orgs (financial services), people studied mba/masters distance from icfai, and later on got decent internal promotions. these people really enhanced their accounting/finance technical knowledge, became more confident, and were actually more competent than the cohort of really fancy fulltime finance mba recruits brought in sometime later - the fancy mbas had big egos and often struggled with basic stuff.

The other most important thing besides networking is Work-ex - hr people and recruiters are much more concerned about quality of work-ex than where degrees came from!

(disclaimer - I am a Chartered Accountant - did no mba nor affiliated to any school)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

i am doing 2 year PGDBA - HR (distance) from Symbiosis. total program cost excluding exam fee is 30k.

details here: http://www.scdl.net/scdl/ProgramTypeListing.aspx?Type=1

if your friend is in Finance field better do CMA -6 months certification. you can find the details here: http://www.imanet.or...tification.aspx

Its an international certification and my friends are doing this. they said it helps them getting promotion/ salary hike!!. it has weekend clases and exam will be held outside india. total cost must be around 2 lakhs including exam/abroad travel, etc...

The CMA is good - as is any other accounting qualification. Most of the better jobs in finance in india or abroad usually state "any accounting qualification" - which means either of CA (indian or any other), ACCA, CPA (us, aussie, or any other), CGA, AICWA, CIMA, CMA etc. or they ask for a CA/CPA/ACCA/CGA (financial accounting) background. CMA/CIMA (pure management accounting) jobs are more prevalent in advanced industrialised economies. All the above can be studied via distance, and are very prestigious and top notch - no ambuigities at all about their quality. CFA is good for asset management jobs and very prestigious as well, but is different in scope from accounting qualifications and mbas. Its very niche and nowadays, more supply of cfas than what the market demands. Best to be had along with mba/accounting qual. All the above are extremely difficult to pass.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

^^OP's friend is in Wipro, so i'm assuming in core-IT.

I'd be happy if someone has any information if their friends actually got 'good' internal promotions in the IT field directly due to a distance-education-MBA!

ill ask and tell but if you are looking for the best colleges you should consider NMIMS and SYMBIOSIS

Thanks Dude.. Waiting for reply..

It would be better if we knew what the MBA was for. (My opinion in italics)

Getting a promotion to a manager? - Forget distance education. Unfortunately HRs don't seem to attach any value to that. Go for full-time. If time-duration is a constraint, there are a few 1-year MBAs to look at.

Learning about management in general so he can work better/start a company? -If he's proactive enough, get the syllabus of any good MBA college, and buy/download books that are given in the 'To Read' section.

As a name-suffix for a wedding invitation? (Seriously.) -Forget it. Who's gonna check?

He is an IT Professional, and expecting Promotions and Salary Hikes in IT Job, Hence it would be better to have MBA specialization in Project Management/Operations/Information Systems.

details here: http://www.scdl.net/...ing.aspx?Type=1

Hey Thanx for the info..

but he is in IT field.. It would be better to have MBA degree in related Field..

^^OP's friend is in Wipro, so i'm assuming in core-IT.

I'd be happy if someone has any information if their friends actually got 'good' internal promotions in the IT field directly due to a distance-education-MBA!

ya exactly dude.. he is looking for that only..

If he is interested in IT and project management, why not look at PMP program, its widely accepted and carries a lot value in the IT industry.

Are you looking at doing distance MBA / Online MBA from UK/US Bschools ?

I know what is distance Education...

But i am unaware about online MBA ?

Plz provide me the guidance link here thx.. !!

If he is interested in IT and project management, why not look at PMP program, its widely accepted and carries a lot value in the IT industry.

see i am totally unknown about his programs.. Plz provide me the guidance link here.. or u can suggest any prg also..

He is not eligible for this course.

they require Project Managers to do this course.

and he is just an IT professional.

You dont have to be a PM, to do PMP, I have folks with 1.5- 2yrs of work ex having the certification. The true value of the certification will come after 5-6 yrs of IT experience. It is much more helpful than a distance MBA for IT professionals atleast.

You dont have to be a PM, to do PMP, I have folks with 1.5- 2yrs of work ex having the certification. The true value of the certification will come after 5-6 yrs of IT experience. It is much more helpful than a distance MBA for IT professionals atleast.

ok thanks for the help.. I will speak with him.. Thanks Anyways..

waiting for reply regarding Online MBA..

Thanks !!

Back