TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

I guess none of you guys are playing the Steam version, so no Steam workshop either....

But yeah that need for mods can be fulfilled by Nexus....Anyhow its simpler with the Workshop IMO. just a simple check box to load or unload mods....

I am sure Nexus has some for shadows as far as steam workshop goes I have not seen one yet....

^^Thanks for the reply but i think i have the steam version.
<

BTW it requires no mod.here is the fix http://www.overclock.net/t/1171258/skyrim-ini-tweak-for-amazing-looking-shadows

Quick question; are miscellaneous quests important? So far, I have only been doing Misc quests and very few faction quests. Do I shift my attention to the faction quests now?

Quick question; are miscellaneous quests important? So far, I have only been doing Misc quests and very few faction quests. Do I shift my attention to the faction quests now?

Miscellanious means as you explore the world you will meet different types of people discover different places after interacting with them the quest you get is listed under miscellanious.As far as i am concerned these quests are better attempted after the completion of the game.

Faction quests increases your certain strength.Therefore complete these quests as you prefer.

The world is huge dont go by other peoples comment build your own strategy the fun lies there.(until and unless the main aim of yours is to finish this game asap).
<

I guess none of you guys are playing the Steam version, so no Steam workshop either....

But yeah that need for mods can be fulfilled by Nexus....Anyhow its simpler with the Workshop IMO. just a simple check box to load or unload mods....

I am sure Nexus has some for shadows as far as steam workshop goes I have not seen one yet....

I have the steam version, but the steam workshop mods dont seem to work for me. The Nexus MM mods are working fine. Also, I'm launching the game through SKSE. I think this maybe the reason why the steam workshop mods are not working.

I have the steam version, but the steam workshop mods dont seem to work for me. The Nexus MM mods are working fine. Also, I'm launching the game through SKSE. I think this maybe the reason why the steam workshop mods are not working.

.,..you got the reason why...
<

It needs to be launched form The steam, via the App loader, there from the "Data files" Option one can select the mods to load, subscribed mods are loaded by default.

I used the same approach - misc quests first and then the factions. There's no right/wrong here. The good thing about this approach is that you get some good items early and are useful for your main quests. The negative is that it makes your main quests feel very short. The more "immersive" approach is to get side tracked into these side quests while on your main quests. Also makes the main story line appear to have more substance, which is what I think the developers intended.

The bloody Marakhat quest (escaping the jail) reduced my two-handed perk to 15 from 60
<

I am still at level 24, long long way to go.

Miscellanious means as you explore the world you will meet different types of people discover different places after interacting with them the quest you get is listed under miscellanious.As far as i am concerned these quests are better attempted after the completion of the game.

Faction quests increases your certain strength.Therefore complete these quests as you prefer.

The world is huge dont go by other peoples comment build your own strategy the fun lies there.(until and unless the main aim of yours is to finish this game asap).
<

I used the same approach - misc quests first and then the factions. There's no right/wrong here. The good thing about this approach is that you get some good items early and are useful for your main quests. The negative is that it makes your main quests feel very short. The more "immersive" approach is to get side tracked into these side quests while on your main quests. Also makes the main story line appear to have more substance, which is what I think the developers intended.

Cheers guys! The reason why I asked was because, I was more engaged in completing them, but I'm a bit confused if they are repeating tasks or just useless "go-fetch" tasks. The good side is that my character level seems to be rising steadily, despite not touching many faction quests. I'll keep playing the game, I don't care if it takes me months or a year to complete it, but I'll keep at it. This is one game, I plan to explore properly.
<

I don't care if it takes me months or a year to complete it, but I'll keep at it. This is one game, I plan to explore properly.
<

Exactly! good now dont ask questions instead explore and post what you have discovered.

For leveling up it is not necessary that you do all the tasks.Even if you roam and kill the dangers (like wolf, bears etc etc) or lock pick some unknown house your skill or level increases.
<

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s3T2YGSqGM&feature=digest_tue[/media]

This makes me wonder how amazing the world of skrim would have looked if they had used Cry Engine / Frostbite Engine to develop the world with all the extra heavy detailed graphics.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SE5owAIPmk[/media]

Damn i want all this in skyrim

...I am not sure how many of you guys are still playing, but I just have a few questions:

1. How does the skill increase? I know that by using two handed weapons that level increases, by trading speech increases, then why do I get Skill points to distribute among lets say two handed weapons, where as for smiting when I reach a certain level, I am automatically able to smith higher level of Armour or whatever, so why for lets say two handed weapons do I have the distribute skills? I am confused. eg. if I spend more on the first two handed weapons their damage increases by lets say 20% each time till I invest all 5 points there to max it, where as there is no such thing for Speech, or Smiting....

2. Can someone please tell me where to find some nice diamonds? ...and or Rubys?

3. Also, do they shops and mines replenish after about 48hours of real time or game time, I have gone back to the mines after 48 hours of Game time and nothing so I am assuming it is real time or 1 month or so game time...not sure...any one knows for sure...?

4. Do I need to reach a certain Speech level to marry someone...? I have the amulet of Mara or whatever and own that house in Whiterun. But I have not seen any such option.

Guys I am a n00b here please help me out...

Thanks a lot.

...I am not sure how many of you guys are still playing, but I just have a few questions:

1. How does the skill increase? I know that by using two handed weapons that level increases, by trading speech increases, then why do I get Skill points to distribute among lets say two handed weapons, where as for smiting when I reach a certain level, I am automatically able to smith higher level of Armour or whatever, so why for lets say two handed weapons do I have the distribute skills? I am confused. eg. if I spend more on the first two handed weapons their damage increases by lets say 20% each time till I invest all 5 points there to max it, where as there is no such thing for Speech, or Smiting....

2. Can someone please tell me where to find some nice diamonds? ...and or Rubys?

3. Also, do they shops and mines replenish after about 48hours of real time or game time, I have gone back to the mines after 48 hours of Game time and nothing so I am assuming it is real time or 1 month or so game time...not sure...any one knows for sure...?

4. Do I need to reach a certain Speech level to marry someone...? I have the amulet of Mara or whatever and own that house in Whiterun. But I have not seen any such option.

Guys I am a n00b here please help me out...

Thanks a lot.

It has been a while since I completed Skyrim so I'll answer those TTBOMM.
<

1. Skill increases as you use them - simple. When each individual skill levels up, your overall level increases gradually. When you level up, you are rewarded a skill point which can be used to improve a specific skill from the galaxy tree. Only when some specific skills unlock in a tree, you may be able to use them. Classic case - forging the Daedric armor. You cannot forge this armor unless you have a 90 smithing skill. You can collect all the relevant ingredients for crafting the armor and yet not forge it until this smithing level is reached and the skill is unlocked in the tree.

2. You will find plenty of those in random ruins and barrows. Roam Skyrim as much as you can and explore!

3. Yes they do replenish the stocks once in a while. How often they do is something I am not sure of but all the mines replenish their ore veins after a certain period. Instead you can always trade ores from smiths. Ebony is one such ore which is available as ores very rarely but can easily be traded from vendors and smiths around the world of Skyrim.

4. Speech skill has nothing to do with getting married. You require the Amulet of Mara which can be purchased from a priest in the Temple of Mara at Riften. Wear this amulet and approach the priest and talk about getting married. He will give you a series of quests (three IIRC) relating to love and relationships (not romancing). Complete them. You should also find an NPC who is willing to marry you. There are plenty of them around and by default you cannot marry any NPC you may find in Skyrim (which btw can be modified using a console command).

A random image
<

RIayo.jpg

hey guys any of you using crossfire x? my 6950 unlocked crossfire set up works like crap with skyrim even after the latest patch. there are frame drops in the most unlikely of places

Is there a way to get the 'Collect Bounty from Skald' mission to complete and be removed from the Journal's misc section? I completed the Jarl's mission to kill the Dragon at Shearpoint. I even collected the bounty, but the quest doesn't seem to complete. Gitched I suppose?

Is there a way to get the 'Collect Bounty from Skald' mission to complete and be removed from the Journal's misc section? I completed the Jarl's mission to kill the Dragon at Shearpoint. I even collected the bounty, but the quest doesn't seem to complete. Gitched I suppose?

Yes and there are several other missions which despite being completed would continue to show under Misc. Objectives forever. If you are playing this on the PC, you can go to the command prompt and enter the relevant command to close it.

Looks like I ran into yet another glitch (WTF?). It's with the puzzle in the 'Revealing the Unseen' quest. I had to run from pillar to post to get the frost spell (which was apparently required for this quest) and when I returned the light beam still doesn't seem to budge. This is what I'm talking about:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMaE_R5HPtI&feature=related[/media]

It's so f*ckin' stupid. If this keeps on happening with every other quest, then I might as well completed the main quest and be done with this bugged game.
<

It has been a while since I completed Skyrim so I'll answer those TTBOMM.
<

1. Skill increases as you use them - simple. When each individual skill levels up, your overall level increases gradually. When you level up, you are rewarded a skill point which can be used to improve a specific skill from the galaxy tree. Only when some specific skills unlock in a tree, you may be able to use them. Classic case - forging the Daedric armor. You cannot forge this armor unless you have a 90 smithing skill. You can collect all the relevant ingredients for crafting the armor and yet not forge it until this smithing level is reached and the skill is unlocked in the tree.

2. You will find plenty of those in random ruins and barrows. Roam Skyrim as much as you can and explore!

3. Yes they do replenish the stocks once in a while. How often they do is something I am not sure of but all the mines replenish their ore veins after a certain period. Instead you can always trade ores from smiths. Ebony is one such ore which is available as ores very rarely but can easily be traded from vendors and smiths around the world of Skyrim.

4. Speech skill has nothing to do with getting married. You require the Amulet of Mara which can be purchased from a priest in the Temple of Mara at Riften. Wear this amulet and approach the priest and talk about getting married. He will give you a series of quests (three IIRC) relating to love and relationships (not romancing). Complete them. You should also find an NPC who is willing to marry you. There are plenty of them around and by default you cannot marry any NPC you may find in Skyrim (which btw can be modified using a console command).

A random image
<

RIayo.jpg

Thanks a lot.

I by now answered most of my questions by playing over the long weekend.

Got the Dragon Armour I am at smithing level 100
<

Finished the Companions Quest and main Quest Act 1.

Started The Thiefs Guild Quest, and got the Amulet of Mara but not gonna marry just yet.

Seen most of the Cities, too its an amazing game, put about 60 Hours or so in it by now.

Now I dont know what more to do, my journal is full of Quests dont know what to attempt next.

Back