TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

mjumrani

Skilled
Aug 18, 2008
New Delhi
Hahah you'd have got owned like crazy. Dragon Priests and Draugr Death Overlords - do not face them unless you've leveled up sufficiently or have consumed some good potions to improve the resistance against magic and fire. But fret not, once you level up these guys would be mere poosies. I recall it took me close to 40 minutes to battle the first dragon priest I had encountered. And you know the worst part? I had a companion which had the Sanguine's Rose and he used to spawn a Dremora and this bloody Dragon Priest used to instantly convert this Dremora against me. So in short I had to battle 2 guys at the same time.
<

I don't think you'd have faced an Elder Dragon either.

Dremora die to easily. He was no help whatsoever in one of the quests.

It was to free a priest from the group attacking Markhat as soon as you enter the city for the first time, only to kill the damn fool for some god (supposedly).

And today I just realized I can equip Lydia
<

flash23

Adept
Jan 3, 2011
Pune
you can start as a mage then go on as a warrior later in the game.

Im recommending mage because once you cast 2 dremora Lord not the one from Sanguine rose, you own almost any one.

Distraction is the key. To defeat the priest conjure the dremoras, then use whirlwind spirit shout get close to the priest and stab him while having a lightening cloak on, he will die within 2 to 3 blows.

thing get real interesting when you set the difficulty level the highest, elder dragon fight can take anywhere upto 5 minutes to kill, otherwise in normal mode its matter of mere 30 seconds. the dark brotherhood missions also become significantly tough in vet level since im low on stealth and archery.

For followers take Jzargo as he is the only one who can level with the player to the MAX, good fighter served me well except in certain overwhelming situations. Later in the game i went alone since I was too good for anybody.

Ecstasy

Disciple
Jan 21, 2009
The 2 most powerful dragons I have encountered till now is Elder who is golden I think and the other is a white dragon, forgot his name. Aludin is nothing compared to these two.

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Aug 8, 2009
House Va'ruun
@ Gannu:

Mate I have another small question for you:

Did you complete all the Main city quests in the game? I'm doing the Daedric quests currently and I'm finding some of the city quests are inter-wined with the Daedric quests (which is a good thing as the I'm completing both quests at once!)

P.S. By Main city quests I'm referring to the quests listed under 'Main Cities' on this website:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Quests

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Aug 8, 2009
House Va'ruun
I'm not so sure on City Quests but I've completed all the Daedric Quests. I kept a watch from the UESP page. Yes some of them are related to the city quests as well.
<

I'm was thinking about doing all the City Quests after I'm done with the Daedric Quests (by following the UESP page)... but then again it's getting a tad tiring now after all the hours I've invested in this game.
<

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
I'm was thinking about doing all the City Quests after I'm done with the Daedric Quests (by following the UESP page)... but then again it's getting a tad tiring now after all the hours I've invested in this game.
<

Haha yeah sometimes it may get a bit monotonous. That's when you should concentrate on completing the main quest. Maybe one objective at a time.

How long have you clocked as of now? What level have you reached? What skills have you mastered?
<

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Aug 8, 2009
House Va'ruun
How long have you clocked as of now? What level have you reached? What skills have you mastered?
<

I think I my character level is in the early 50's (I'm at office now, will go back home and check). I'm pretty much high up in: one-handed, archery, heavy armor, flame destruction and sneaking. I initially invested a few perks into lockpicking but those were my early days in the game. I love yielding the 'Whiterun Axe' heavily enchanted to fight the enemies.
<

P.S. I think I'm going to complete the Daedric Quests and along with them the inter-winded City Quests. It seems after reading the UESP page that the miscellaneous City Quests which remain to be done are just random delivery based quests and the like which are kind of pointless in doing. Many of them are also Radiant Quests so they keep repeating with a change in location. Skipping these for sure.

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Aug 8, 2009
House Va'ruun
Yes don't waste time with the animal extermination quests and those fetch quests from Thieves Guild. They are a waste of time.

Yes no point really. I will finish up with the Daedric Quests and oh yeah... need to get my character married as well with (not decided yet!). After that I'm thinking about taking up the older Elder Scroll titles (Morrowind and Oblivion) since I haven't played them ever. What say mate, I guess you've played both of them.
<

quan chi

Skilled
Dec 25, 2009
Skyrim is the polished and refined version of oblivion.If you want to know more about the blades try oblivion.

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Aug 8, 2009
House Va'ruun
Can you list which quest lines are a waste of time?

As of now I read animal and thieves guild...

I'm almost done with the game main and side quests (just left with a few more Daedric quests) and according to me the repeating Radiant Quests (quests in which have you run to locations repeatedly to deliver something or find a artifact is a waste of time as they keep repeating with just changes in locations. So, I would say do one such quest from the NPC that is giving the quest to you and if you find he/she is giving out the same kind of quest over and over again with a mere change in locations on the map then skip it. Also, some of those delivery quests in the different cities got a tad boring so I planned on skipping those, other than those this game is choc full of riveting gameplay!

Btw, I have a question regarding marriage in the game:

Is there a way to marry Karita in the game? She's the Nord Bard who runs the Windpeak Inn in Dawnstar along with her Father... here's the link to her:

http://www.uesp.net/...rita_%28bard%29