Testers for seedbox

Faraz --- Thats fine, I ll give your slot to someone else.Dont want public trackers in it :p

asingh --- Same problem we were discussing with IPT too.

Faraz --- Thats fine, I ll give your slot to someone else.Dont want public trackers in it :p

asingh --- Same problem we were discussing with IPT too.

Then purge mine out. Please make sure the .torrent files are deleted. Will stop accessing it. Thanks though.

I can use a seed box slot for my speed.cd account, if that is not blocked by OVH or OVH is not blocked by them as in the case of IPT.
Would need a short intro and some guides to read for as have never used a seed-box before.
Also if you don't mind asking, is FTP access provided for me to download the files to my PC from the seed box server and what kinda speeds i will be getting when i do so.
Asking because i an currently using file sharing hosts as i get speeds of around 300-350 kbps with them and don't have any other private torrent account other than Speed.cd
I am paying Rs. 670 per month just for my Netload account and personally would prefer a seedbox if it costs nearly the same and if i could get a few invites.

Hey chrish,
torrents from animebyt.es tracker is also showing error please check.
but it got downlaoded and it is uploading just fine
Ipt torrents are still down :(

Hey chrish,
torrents from animebyt.es tracker is also showing error please check.
but it got downlaoded and it is uploading just fine
Ipt torrents are still down :(

It says this in the tracker status --- Tracker: [Failure reason \"Tracker is currently overloaded, be patient and try re-announcing when possible\"] so it means its a site fault. ;)

I can use a seed box slot for my speed.cd account, if that is not blocked by OVH or OVH is not blocked by them as in the case of IPT.
Would need a short intro and some guides to read for as have never used a seed-box before.
Also if you don't mind asking, is FTP access provided for me to download the files to my PC from the seed box server and what kinda speeds i will be getting when i do so.
Asking because i an currently using file sharing hosts as i get speeds of around 300-350 kbps with them and don't have any other private torrent account other than Speed.cd
I am paying Rs. 670 per month just for my Netload account and personally would prefer a seedbox if it costs nearly the same and if i could get a few invites.

Its so much easy to use seedbox,it look same like utoorent ui and all the option are mostly also same...and as far ftp go yes seedbox use get access to ftp server,you can use it with id,password,and port provided by seedbox and as far as max. Speed is depend on your doenload speed...

very easy to use as other have commented . The only and THE only thing to know and do correctly is - correct selection of torrents . people will add torrents with 500+ seeds which have 1000+ leechers and expect good upload speeds . It can never happen . The torrent has to generally new with less seeders . Thats why RSS of these sites is lot in demand by seedbox users . On a new 1.5 GB torrent of movie/ games/ Episodes you can easily upload 30GB+ if you add it on time . Second is packs . You dont have to download the complete pack to seedbox . Select parts and download them to your seebox and upload them . Pron is another good example to get good upload bonus . It generally works but again you to add on time . And you leran with your mistakes and will become a pro in 7 days . Its no great shakes

I understand torrenting very well, just never used a seedbox.
The thing that worries me is that people use a seedbox mainly to create buffers and therefore mostly buy a seedbox for a month or two at most.
I am currently using Netload and i want to use a seedbox so that i can get constant downloading speed via FTP instead of the largely variable speed that you get via Torrents.
So actually i want to use a seedbox not for uploads but for faster downloads. a good upload speed would be an added bonus.
I currently have only 1 account on a private tracker, Speed.cd and have uploaded over 1 TB data mainly because of the reward points system they have. Therefore i would need some invites/memberships to some more private trackers before i invest Rs500-600 a month on seedboxes.
The reason i want to switch to seedboxes and torrents is because when i am downloading a 20GB print off Netload, sometimes the last part or the second last part gets removed and that just pisses me off very badly.
However the only good thing is that i get to download close to 15GB data everyday, so just wanna make sure that my downloading speeds wont take a hit if i shift to Torrents/Seedbox.

rdst_1 The box comes only with a rutorrent/rtorrent interface and ftp to transfer the files from the box to your pc and vice versa.There are no extra plugins installed for downloading from filehosts etc.

Chris - i know there are no plugins to download from file hosts and there shouldn't be either.i have seen plugins on some seedboxes but they are for uploading the files to file hosts rather than downloading them.
All i wanted to know was whether the speeds i get when i transfer files from seedbox to my PC via FTP will be as good as the 250-350kbps speeds i get when i download from file hosts.
Anyways that is for the future if i decide to dump filehosts and decide to go for torrents/ seedbox.
If a slot becomes free, please let me have a shot. Have a lot of torrents on speed.cd where seeders are few and leechers are many. Guess that way both our purposes would be filled. Your box will get tested and I will get a taste of seedboxes to see whether they are a viable alternative for me.

dude,
Torrents from spped.cd are not getting downloaded getting tiime out error.
anyone facing similar problem

Same here. Have sent a message to Speed.cd people with the ip details of the seedbox. Hope that solves the issue.

Edit- Got a message from one of the admins that he has noted that on my account.

Edit 2 - rutorrent is not on the supported torrents client list on Speed.cd . Can that be the cause of this problem.

It just went down

[01.09.2012 19:38:00] No connection to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.

^ Its working, I booted the box 30mins back.Everyone has their own rtorrent instance,so they are independent of one another.

Back