CPU/Mobo Testing stability of Unlocked PII X2 555

hello all !
i bought a 555be today !
tried to unlock it and cpu booted with 4 core !
first thing im a noob at this so i need full description of everything ! :)
first tell me how do i check the cpu temp for the core temp and by the mobo sensor so that i get the ratio by which the mobo temp lags !
second where to download prime 95 and how to use it ?

help is urgent ! :)

Re: check stability of 555 !

well my 555 unlocked cores and win xp is showing all 4 cores !
but windows 7 is bboting properly but after a little usage it starts hanging and lagging and keeps giving me some idiotic errors !
i dont know if the unlock is succesful or not !
help please ! :(

i read somewhere that when new cores are unlocked and one faces lockup and hangup, then the vcore voltage must be increased.
So increase your vcore voltage (by a small notch) and run a system stability test. If you are not familiar with prime 95, then try everest

Run LinX to check stability. Within a few minutes it will report errors.

^^

Make it select the maximum memory. From the memory drop down, select the maximum memory it shows, the application will auto-allocate all the free memory. Then stress it.

asingh said:
^^

Make it select the maximum memory. From the memory drop down, select the maximum memory it shows, the application will auto-allocate all the free memory. Then stress it.
but my main concern is to check the stability of unlocked 555 not the memory !

btw atleast till now it seems as a perfect quad right ?

well whenever i klik it ! it selects a lesser memory and then time elapsed keeps on increasing but the stress test aint running !

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

well i ran prime95 for an hour and the temp seemed quite high !

do you think that my unlocked 555 is running hot ?

Imageshack - stresstl.png

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

well please tell me if the unlock is ok !

and i think the temps are high !

how can i get them down ?

ImageShack Album - 2 images

Okay, sorry should have mentioned this earlier. For temperature monitoring can you try HWMonitor, Everest Lavalys. These should show all 4 cores. SpeedFAN is slightly buggy, and not that reliable.

62 seems okay. but why not try and reduce it even more? You will keep it cooler and reduce power consumption too!
Most 555 seem to work at 1.175V for stock clocks.

Back