That 1 Gadget you always wanted as a child?

montsa007

Adept
Share that 1 gadget you always wanted as a child

For me it was a Moto GP Bike (Was way too young), as I grew older that fancy dropped.

Share that 1 gadget you always wanted as a child

For me it was a Moto GP Bike (Was way too young), as I grew older that fancy dropped.
For me I always wanted to buy Remote Control Tank or Air Plane.
Though my uncle bought me one such tank it seems while I was very young but I broke it into many pieces my parents say but I don't remember.
Even now I search in Amazon to find one but always small and delicate ones are available for sale.
I think I should get one from US through my cousins or nieces.

Last edited:
As a child in those days PC used not been there na?
I used to read Digit religiously (Chip and sometimes PC World also). I was in 7th grade in 2008 or 2009 and each month digit had a column for High-End PC. Wanted to own one since then. Now I have realised that it doesnt get any better as we get older. Assembled my first lower middle class PC last year.

Just now I tried to see in mdcomputers how much would it cost. Its around 2.14lakhs plus or minus 10k
:')

I used to read Digit religiously (Chip and sometimes PC World also). I was in 7th grade in 2008 or 2009 and each month digit had a column for High-End PC. Wanted to own one since then. Now I have realised that it doesnt get any better as we get older. Assembled my first lower middle class PC last year.
Chip, that thing is something I eat now.
Used to read Skoar too, though i was not much into hardcore gaming & those Skoar CD's were something.
Sony's Glasstron + Video Walkman in the late 90s.

I think I still want it, or a modern version of it.
That glasstron is something, seems you can settle for VR now?

:')
Dude you are a number of years younger than me man.
I started reading Digit & Chip because of friend who got me addicted to Personal Computer Gaming since 2000 which is my 1st Gaming PC. Until now I bought 5 to 6 PCs.
Even now my friend buys Digit every month. Last time I saw him reading was in 2017. I now read using P2P downloads. I mean e magazines. No more buying nowadays though.

Yes I am. 1 PC down as compared to your 6 PCs, haha.

I really miss reading Digit or other tech magazines. These days whenever I get some free time, I just choose to do something useless, watch some senseless video on youtube, scroll trought netflix, etc. Dunno what has happened over the years, I used to really enjoy a lot of things. Really liked troublshooting and finding what has gone wrong after reading multiple articles/forums, now I just prefer to format it and reinstall Windows. Slowly losing interest in a lot of tech things and gaming. I guess that is grownig up.

I really miss reading Digit or other tech magazines. These days whenever I get some free time, I just choose to do something useless, watch some senseless video on youtube, scroll trought netflix, etc. Dunno what has happened over the years, I used to really enjoy a lot of things. Really liked troublshooting and finding what has gone wrong after reading multiple articles/forums, now I just prefer to format it and reinstall Windows. Slowly losing interest in a lot of tech things and gaming. I guess that is grownig up.
Welcome to the "Getting Older Club" where entry is now & exit is never :D

I really miss reading Digit or other tech magazines. These days whenever I get some free time, I just choose to do something useless, watch some senseless video on youtube, scroll trought netflix, etc. Dunno what has happened over the years, I used to really enjoy a lot of things. Really liked troublshooting and finding what has gone wrong after reading multiple articles/forums, now I just prefer to format it. Slowly losing interest in a lot of tech things and gaming. I guess that is grownig up.
I registered in Digit in 2005 while in Tech Enclave in 2007 and in Erodov in 2011.
Since then I was giving suggestions and gave to many and helped many get their Dream Computers.

My wifey used to ask me what I derived or used to derive by giving suggestions and I tell her that I get immense happiness by helping others like me in those who helped me a lot in rectifying my PC problems I mean troubleshooting.

One of my friend used to come and help me and he is no more but he is indeed a true friend.

From then on and until now I keep on giving suggestions because sharing means caring he used to say. Just remembered those words.

Dude you are a number of years younger than me man.
I started reading Digit & Chip because of friend who got me addicted to Personal Computer Gaming since 2000 which is my 1st Gaming PC. Until now I bought 5 to 6 PCs.
Even now my friend buys Digit every month. Last time I saw him reading was in 2017. I now read using P2P downloads. I mean e magazines. No more buying nowadays though.
Can i dm you regarding this?
Where does your friend get his physical magazines?

Can i dm you regarding this?
Where does your friend get his physical magazines?
Yes PM me
My friend stays in Hyderabad but carries his magazines to UP & MP to his work sites also.
That's where I saw those magazines in 2017.

I think his corporate office walas gets his magazines monthly or through any subscription.
I did not ask him though.

I am not in touch with him since many months.
He is a managing partner to a mining & infrastructure company by name BGR Mining & Infra.

I used to buy in my home town in AP either from Railway Station magazine stall or in town in those days but not now.

Pfft nah, would rather go for a time machine.
Imagine selling heavy tech & weaponry in 1500's, but then it would destroy the future.
Imagine the same time machine but to undo the 1st and 2nd World wars from happening and every bloodshed that happened since 1960s.

This I want to do not to be called as a Saint but it's our duty to take care of this Gaia so that she can help us and our children in their endeavors.

Destroying is easy but bringing it back is difficult.

Losing friends is easy but gaining their trust is difficult.

Imagine the same time machine but to undo the 1st and 2nd World wars from happening and every bloodshed that happened since 1960s.

This I want to do not to be called as a Saint but it's our duty to take care of this Gaia so that she can help us and our children in their endeavors.

Destroying is easy but bringing it back is difficult.

Losing friends is easy but gaining their trust is difficult.
The ripple effects of changing history would be beyond repair, even 1 small action could change the entire future.
If you've seen Back to the Future you'll get my drift :)

Besides who knows changing the past could erase you from the future.

Back