The 2013 Black Friday thread

then u are better off buying from India....Toshiba is available for 3.6k 1TB 2.5" USB 3.0

Nopes...not anymore....No International warranty of Hard drives.
For SSD's only intel provies international warranty
SSD's Intel, corsair, kingston & sandisk provide international warranty .

seagate or WD?
Seagate , dunno about WD.[DOUBLEPOST=1385462665][/DOUBLEPOST]For newegg use , US unlocked cards , or use ishop...[DOUBLEPOST=1385462818][/DOUBLEPOST]
In India?
U can check the serial number and warranty online for drives bought from USA....you will get a message saying "Out of region" (Enter serial number and country as India).... For Sure Both of them (WD and Seagate) don't provide international warranty.
I guess Seagate takes special requests and obliges when someone requests to replace/ RMA drives.

It does say out region , it says Out Of region WARRANTY.

Exactly proving that Seagate does not offer Global warranty...you were pure lucky to get the drive replaced..
Seagate is not obliged to replace it all the times and we may run into trouble.

Mate read my post , there is a terminology called "Out Of Region Warranty ". google it.

Sure...I was not aware
Can u please link... Did a google but I am unable to get the info.
Thanks for ur help (I have a few USA seagate drives so this will be very helpful)
Mate read my post , there is a terminology called "Out Of Region Warranty ". google it.

Is it applicable on external drives or internal too ? I have seen many complaining about not getting warranty on internal imported seagate drives .

Back