The all new...

First you say that you are not interested in fanboi wars and then you post such an absurd comment that totally dismisses the competition.
Yup, read my earlier reply. You will know what I was saying.

I have used Nexus 7 and no, it was not smooth as iOS is smooth on iPad. Simple as that. But I agree with rest of your reply, what worked out for you, may not be for everyone and what worked for me with iPad, may not be for everyone. Well, you may agree with me or not, but people who are looking to buy, I suggest to try it once.

The best tablet out of iPad and N10 is obviously.....................the one that works for you, enjoy your device :)
Wrong.

Its Nokia 2520 :

:hilarious:

Yup, read my earlier reply. You will know what I was saying.

I have used Nexus 7 and no, it was not smooth as iOS is smooth on iPad. Simple as that. But I agree with rest of your reply, what worked out for you, may not be for everyone and what worked for me with iPad, may not be for everyone. Well, you may agree with me or not, but people who are looking to buy, I suggest to try it once.

I read your earlier reply and it is definitely a good advice. I just kinda reacted to your second post where you just dismissed the N10 and N7, period.;)

Soon we wil have thin and light windows hybrids at affordable prices in various screen sizes which will make ipads and nexus tablets nothing more than toys. Looking forward to dell venue 11 pro at 499$ having full hd screen

Let's not start another iOS-Android-WP tablet wars...

@avi - what do you use your ipad for? Movies, videos etc on the go? Also, if I get a 16GB, how much of space would be available out of the box?

Mostly for reading books, that too PDFs with lots of math stuff. Next would be gaming. Very rare I watch videos or movies.

You get 12.8GB usable space. If you have budget, then go with 32GB iPad. 16GB one is very less IMO.

Let's not start another iOS-Android-WP tablet wars...

@avi - what do you use your ipad for? Movies, videos etc on the go? Also, if I get a 16GB, how much of space would be available out of the box?
Not starting a war. I own an ipad mini and an ainol venus. Im stating a natural progression of windows tablets which will be much more useful than ipad or android tablets. Even now we have economically priced window tablets with full windows- dell venue pro 8. 3 years from now we will have <500 g windows tablet with full hd screen and decent computing power priced moderately. Then i wont feel the need for ipad or worse android tablets anymore

well said @rdst_1 forwarded your post to one of my friends too...he was fed up of ios and was looking for an alternative...now there are 3 more people who are glad you posted that

Not starting a war. I own an ipad mini and an ainol venus. Im stating a natural progression of windows tablets which will be much more useful than ipad or android tablets. Even now we have economically priced window tablets with full windows- dell venue pro 8. 3 years from now we will have <500 g windows tablet with full hd screen and decent computing power priced moderately. Then i wont feel the need for ipad or worse android tablets anymore

This is definitely gonna happen and I am looking forward to it. It will end the need to carry both a laptop and a tablet for folks who use Windows over Mac.

This is what I am gonna cover in my review :
Prologue:

Specs:
-Supported files

Box and Packaging:
-What’s in the box:

Build and Design:

First impressions and Out of box experience:

Display:

Reading on iPad Air:

Performance:

Gaming:

Battery:

iOS 7:

iPad Air vs iPad 4:

iPad Air vs iPad 3 or earlier:

iPad Air vs Nexus 7:

iPad Air vs Any Windows tablet:

Pros:

Cons:

Conclusion:

Did I miss anything?

and you guys can read my old Nook Color review here : http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/barnes-and-noble-nook-color.106954/

@avi

Supported files would be the OOB support for say for example video files or you will include 3rd party app support of more file formats ? Above is example for video files only.

Earlier I was thinking to consider 3rd party apps also, now it makes more sense if I also mention OOB support. Thank you ;-)

@red-devil - in 3-4 days.

@avi
First of all, congrats on your purchase.
Can you please include the performance of 10gb 1080p DTS mkv movie prints in your review. I'm setting up a NAS soon. So I'm hoping it can stream the prints flawlessly.
I'm getting bored with android but would like to know more about ios limitation before I make the shift.
Also is it possible to renew ipad apple care warranty any number of times? Is it same with iPhones/macbooks as well? And yeah, will jailbreak void the warranty?
Genuine apple noob here. Never handled any idevices before.

Last edited:
Jailbreaking voids the warranty but lest your device develops any issue, you can restore it back which will remove any trace of jailbreak. So do not worry about jailbreak.
I feel it is almost impossible to brick an iOS device. Restore comes to rescue most of the times.

Jailbreaking voids the warranty but lest your device develops any issue, you can restore it back which will remove any trace of jailbreak. So do not worry about jailbreak.
I feel it is almost impossible to brick an iOS device. Restore comes to rescue most of the times.

My iPad 4 bricked during a restore. No jailbreak either. Got a replacement within a week.

Why are you bored? Tell me, cos you may even get bored more with iOS :p

@avi - Even I would love to see a streaming test. I am pretty sure 10GB prints would be too much but if you can try for 4GB prints too, that would be great. My problems with streaming on iPad are pretty well documented in the tablets section of the forum, so I would love to know if there was something I was doing wrong.

Sure, will do that guys. I was not considering before, it didn't come to my mind.

Do let me know if you need any more testing etc.

also, @rdst_1 can you point me those threads? Which app u were using to stream?

Back