The BlackBerry PlayBook Thread

Just in case you didn't my post its called stack charging and have already tried 2-3 times

Resurrecting a long lost thread.

My brother's Playbook hadn't been used for a long time and it refuses to start up now. Tried stack charging a gazillion times before I finally gave up. Any solutions to this? It was bought in Dubai, hence RIM India warranty won't cover it. If repairing cost ist <1k, I could consider getting it repaired, or I'll just.. err.. I don't know what I'll do. I do not want to end up spending 3-4k on this as you get pretty good tabs for as low as 5.5k these days and with the PB's infamously stupid charging/discharging problems, I would never even consider paying so much for a device which could easily get fudged up again.

Any help with this would be really appreciated :)

@Xavier The battery has been drained / or dead that can't be resurrected thru stack charging. Don't know what RIM was thinking when they implemented the ingenuity called stack charging in PBs. Under warranty they replace the whole dead unit and as it's not in warranty better is to sell it off, and go for an Android tab. Even if you get it repaired for 1K no one knows when the next battery issue would creep in.

Don't think India would get Google love anytime soon so, better buy the tab that suits your budget and needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will try this method. It isn't much different from the earlier stack charging methods that I tried, but I will give it a shot nonetheless.

Thanks, man. I've phased myself out from photography these days. Just don't have the equipment or the drive to do it once again.

Guys i recently got a PB. What cover are you using with your devices? As of now i am using the pouch that came with the PB.

I'm looking for a leather cover. Anyone bought anything similar?

Its one month old, 64 gb. Got it for 13k.

I dont want the zip sleeve, went and saw it. I'm looking for the leather cases like how you get for the Ipad. Any idea about those?

Thanks a ton mate. Will start my search for coupons and will order this.

How long does it take for you guys to charge your PB? I use the charger i got with my Bold 9780 and it took me about 4.5 hours to charge from 7% to 100%. Is that normal?

You can get ebay coupons by recharging through vodafone.in / airtel.in sites.

For me, it takes around 2-3 hours for the PB to charge fully (3-5% to 100%). I am not sure what charger Bold has, but PB comes with a faster charger.

Back