The BlackBerry PlayBook Thread

^ Yes you can. But why would you want to install a crack app, when the prices of most apps are between Rs. 37 - Rs. 150 !! In Bangalore, a small commute in a Volvo bus is Rs 40 or so; and if you go by auto, most of the time, you will spend a hundred bucks! Playbook has some limited but fine apps and PB users should try and encourage those devs by purchasing their apps. The devs are quite active on CB forums and you can request for added features there. Recently I purchased the "PDF reader" app, and asked the dev for some features and he added a couple of them within two days.

Nope, you won't have to pay twice. The purchases are tied to your BB unique ID. In case, if you are charged twice, shoot a mail to RIM, they will refund. I have done security wipe for more than 20 times now. Talking of security wipe, do note RIM has some ridiculous policies regarding passwords. In case you forget Wifi file transfer password, you have to do a security wipe. There's no option to reset the password!! The default username and password (if required ) for Wifi file transfer are: username: playbook, password: password

Thank you sir! That was really helpful. I like few apps in the BB App store but I dont like the pricing. For example, IM+ is free on Android and the same app costs Rs.296 in BB PlayBook, I dont think thats fair. There is a huge difference in the prices across different platforms. I guess I dont have many options.

My pb is ****ed up its not turning on tried stack charging nothing is working Rim developers are really dumb can't they preserve some battery before shutdown I have asked for replacement if given a chance I would move away to ipad

The stack charge is most pathetic thing I have ever heard the device does not even a preserve batter power to atleast start charging

The stack charge is most pathetic thing I have ever heard the device does not even a preserve batter power to atleast start charging

Happened to me once. Plug in the rapid charger and then power button and volume up or down or both. Try all three combos. One of those worked for me.

Rapid Charger is not part of PB Bundle , i tried charging with Charger supplied but not working

Guess I need to take care of this thing; It is bad, turning off at night and not booting up in morning. Ideally it should keep some reserve with it when it turn off due to low battery. :(

Guess I need to take care of this thing; It is bad, turning off at night and not booting up in morning. Ideally it should keep some reserve with it when it turn off due to low battery. :(
I haven't been able to turn on the PB since 3 days have asked flipkart for replacement its a very poor design from RIM regards to battery charging

How did u brought it back i tried stack charging several times nothing happening

^^ It did not happen with me. Was scared after hearing your instance and than reading up on internet. (I was quoting your response there)

Does anyone knows whether we can replace PB with Ipad 2 when bought from FK , considering they will get another one from RIM

Dude, the rapid charger comes with the package. Plug it in and get it rolling again. Why do you want to change it to iPad? Although even I am hinking about moving to iPad but the multitasking seems to be sorely lacking on it.

^ Think you have not read about 'stack charging' problem and the charger which comes with PB is not a rapid charger the reason being this battery can go down anytime and would run into the issue again and add to fact AC3/DTS audio is not supported which is a big downer.

BlackBerry Rapid Charger - RIM US

Try this:

In order to get this tablet charging again you are going to have to perform a stack charge. Here are the steps on how to do that.

-Connect Tablet to a Wall Charger.
-Charge for two minutes.
-Disconnect and wait two minutes
-Connect again and charge for two more minutes
-Repeat up to five or six times.
-After the sixth time keep the tablet plugged in and press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
-After 20 seconds release your finger off the power button and try to turn it on like you normally would.
-At this point the Blackberry Playbook should have enough power to turn on.
-Please leave it plugged in for a minimum of five to eight hours."

Found it online.

Back