The BlackBerry PlayBook Thread

****ing hell how do I install bar directly from pb ? And which video player do you use to stream movies ?

That's a steal, I got mine for 13K, 16 GB.

I agree, don't I. :) . Honestly I do not know; what I'll do with it right now. Bought it because the hardware is good and price was too tempting to leave it.

It seems BTP has hiked the price now (all that Rs to $ BS). :( (one can get it from ebay for 16.5 after 500 off coupon)

I would have received it way early, but Aramex screwed that. Finally re-shipped using BlazeFlash (a small company but delivered in 1 day flat)

IINM, there is a app created by some one at crackberry for it. LocalBar: Install BAR files directly from your BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com

Not tested though.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

@dinjo,

I need to by a wif router, I saw your thread on Asus RT N13. Will you recommend this generally(I mean apart from other features; how does it qualify for a router only)? how is the range in next room (1 wall between)? and is 2800 is right price for it?

You need to convert it first since there is no bar for Opera yet.

I need to by a wif router, I saw your thread on Asus RT N13. Will you recommend this generally(I mean apart from other features; how does it qualify for a router only)? how is the range in next room (1 wall between)? and is 2800 is right price for it?
The router has very good range and with dd wrt installed the signal is enhanced , its the most VFM router available now

I'm not sure whats the current price i bought at 3100 1.5 years back but due to high demand the price was jacked up still its good.

@hahahari
Which Video player do you use to stream movies at wide screen ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't you use Dolphin ? If you stil want to stick with Opera I'll create a bar this weekend.
thanks a ton
actually don't have good wifi so rely on pathetically slow BT tether.....so opera mini would be good
latest for android is i think ver 7
on the same note whats the best VFM mifi with battery??
Vodafone is giving one for 5500 :(

I know how to do it via DDPB but wanted to get it on PB itself, any link which describes it.

I heard VLC is a broken port.

This guy has shown the features of PB if someone wants to take a look.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/SushistewPB[/video]

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Wanted to ask why the menu which comes at bottom which shows current running app is not shown ? I hardly used for 1 hour yesterday

It does not work anymore.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Do you guys use screen guard ?

Just connected it with my N79 and used internet on playbook.(Internet Teethering) Nice feature I must say; now that the 3g prices are slashed I will try it when out of home/office.

Anyone tried LAN File explorer need to know how to play Movies with QNX player(Default)
@hahahari

Last edited by a moderator:
Back