The BlackBerry PlayBook Thread

about this f***ed up app world....
Can anyone access it over net by bt tether or is app world only through wifi.... More fail then :(

I haven't checked my playbook recently but App world use to open via tethered 2G connection as well from the mobile
With WiFi it just works flawless.....

App world is pathetic , and I'm really looking forward from RIM to add AC3 support.

@YashBhatt
Are you using any screen protector ?

^^ I have ordered one (which is arriving today), will update about the quality post that. No shop near my house had one for playbook so had to order it online.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

about this f***ed up app world....
Can anyone access it over net by bt tether or is app world only through wifi.... More fail then :(

Just tested with AppWorld on Airtel 3g and it keep giving me message to connect to wifi.. Seems it does not work with internet tethring.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

On same track, does any one tested its GPS. For me it just never get fix on my location (at roof, clear sky, kept it for some time). No matter what app I use,

Though the saving grace is with internet tethering on it gets fix fairly quick. Considering I can use GPS outside with internet tethring only; I'll live with it

@dinjo
Yes,I do have a screen protector
Thats the only real protection the playbook gets,otherwise i just keep on banging it around :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I use evernote though I use typing. Works brilliantly.

I read about this app on net but some how it is not in app world now. not for playbook I mean. I can see it from PC but playbook is not listed in supported browser. If you have the bar file can you share it please.

it seems 2.0 broke it, http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/24219-evernote-playbook-20/

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Is the screen scratch resistant dont wan to apply screen guard if yes which one , link it

I am using this one, http://www.ebay.in/itm/180891881437...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_2394wt_1139

Applied myself, no bubbles at all ( a few came while installing and were easily gone in 2-3 mins). Fits perfectly. (BTW there is one from callmate as well for 199; haven't tried that though)

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

See this BlackBerry PlayBook scratch test [From the Forums] | CrackBerry.com (being on cautious side; I have put a screen guard one; they are so cheap now days)

Guys, I just noticed that behind my playbook at the area where the BlackBerry logo is, there is a very small bulge, is that normal? Do you guys have something similar? The bulge is very tiny.

Back