The BlackBerry PlayBook Thread

Helpful thread. Im waiting for my 16GB to be delivered. No shipping details still, ordered from Flipkart on the 1st day it appeared with discounts.

A few must have tools... If possible kindly update the same in first post

1) PB OS 2.0.0.4869 which can be rooted
2) Dingleberry 2.x
3) Putty
4) WinSCP
5) DDPB Installer
7) Google apps based on cyanogen mod 7 ( to have android market on PB)
8) A few launcher like honeycomb, ICS etc..

All BB PlayBooks now for $299.

On Tuesday, RIM ushered in the new year with a price cut, reducing all of its PlayBook tablets to $299, regardless of the tablet's storage capacity.

The PlayBook price cut only applies to the RIM online store, where all of the RIM PlayBook tablets are equally priced at $299, whether or not they have 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB of capacity. RIM normally sells the PlayBook for $499, $599, or $699, depending on the onboard storage. The URL of the link suggests that the price cuts went into effect on Dec. 22.

Source: RIM Slashes All PlayBook Prices to $299 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Let another fire sale begin.

BTW blackberry store servers have crashed :bleh:

Got the BB Playbook 32 GB yesterday night for 15990/-. The 16 GB version was out of stock and hence got the 32 gigs one.. The tablet's hardware is really sturdy, OS 1.x is decent, but there's a real dearth for apps.. Hopefully with OS2.0 and with android apps this would get solved..

Got the BB Playbook 32 GB yesterday night for 15990/-. The 16 GB version was out of stock and hence got the 32 gigs one.. The tablet's hardware is really sturdy, OS 1.x is decent, but there's a real dearth for apps.. Hopefully with OS2.0 and with android apps this would get solved..

Where?

Just wanted to know how is the performance when compared to other android/ipad tablets? Specially when watching streaming videos, while multitasking, games (if there are any), web browsing, app support. I know there are review sites but I like end-user opinion. And no need for lenghty reviews. A few lines will suffice
<

Holy cow...thats a throw away price for that tablet.

Had a play with the playbook yesterday and the gestures is quite nice. I really liked it. Quite speedy and smooth UI. just waiting for a few more days and will order it from FK or get it locally.

can reliance netconnect evdo usb dongle be used with this?

Edit: never mind, read that this wants a blackberry phone to work.

useless for me.

I stopped all rooting activities bcs of the pending update. Hoping it would be on time. I though it was the 14th or the 17th? Is the 21st?

My plan didn't go thru and not buying this in near future... All the best for you guys.. Awesome tablet at a throw away price..

Back