The book I am reading currently

I am in a mood of buying Penguin Classics. Please suggest me some good books. Today I bought Anna Karenina and War & Peace. I have read them long ago & they are just great works. I have also read Fyodor's Karamzov Brothers and Crime Punishment, Tolstoy's Resurrrection & liked them too. Can anyone suggest me some good classics based on my likings ?

These books were mentioned at the back of W & P :
A dead man's memoir by Mikhail Bulgakov
The Idiot by fyodor dostoevsky
The house of the dead by fyodor dostoevsky
Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol
A hero of our time by Mikhail Lermontov
Fathers & sons by Ivan Turgenev
The shooting party by Anton Chekhov
Eugene Onegin by Alexander Pushkin

qZPHd.jpg

reading chanakya's chant!! ashwin sanghi

hows that book.?
I read his Rozabal Line - which I had mixed feeling. Story was okay, but overall book was too discrete. Chapters weren't continous - lotsa concentration required to grasp the story which depicts over 2000 years. After that someone suggested me Chanakya's Chant and I bought it. But still pending.

btw, currently reading The Prodigal Daughters - Jeffrey Archer.

hows that book.?
I read his Rozabal Line - which I had mixed feeling. Story was okay, but overall book was too discrete. Chapters weren't continous - lotsa concentration required to grasp the story which depicts over 2000 years. After that someone suggested me Chanakya's Chant and I bought it. But still pending.

btw, currently reading The Prodigal Daughters - Jeffrey Archer.

rozabal had an intriguing plot but he couldnt capitalize it and chanakya's chant is similar to the first book,t[FONT=Georgia, serif]he style is similar to his rozabal line, linking modern events to those that occurred two millennia ago.have completed half the book and its a good read if u like chanakya and his thought process.Would only be comment on the book after completing it but one thing is sure uptill now this book has everything that needs in a Bollywood potboiler. [/FONT]

Just finished reading these:
1. The girl with the dragon tattoo - Stieg Larsson
2. The girl who played with fire - Stieg Larsson
3. The girl who kicked the hornet's nest - Stieg Larsson
4. The moving fingers - Agatha Christie
5. 11 minutes - Paulo Coelho

Currently reading - Shutter Island

Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell.
IMO it's a really wonderful book. I don't read much non-fiction & it was a book I read after a lot of fiction books & I really liked it. If you liked Outliers, then you could also try The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle.

Please do suggest some more books like these, if you know :)

and here is one nice infographic for Gladwell's 10K rule :

OiTZQ.png

I have watched Life Of Pi & enjoyed it to the fullest. Now I bought audiobook of the same to listen while walking in morning.

Btw anyone here listens to audiobooks ? Can anyone suggest me some good audiobooks which I can listen in my morning walk ? Thank you :)

Back