The book I am reading currently

wow thats great... I loved them am sure you will love it if you invest the time

have you read any other series previously?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using TechEnclave Forum mobile app

wow thats great... I loved them am sure you will love it if you invest the time

have you read any other series previously?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using TechEnclave Forum mobile app
Does Harry Potter count :D? Also have read His Northern lights in fantasy and Millennium trilogy. Could not invest time in LOTR though. Let's see how this turns out to be.

Could not help but order the game of thrones box set from Flipkart @50% discount :cool: today. Haven't read a single book nor watched the series. Hope the gamble pays off.

it will :) the only thing will be finding a equivalent or even near to this series after reading this. There is nothing that comes close. I have not finished LOTR, but have read this twice ;).

Could not help but order the game of thrones box set from Flipkart @50% discount :cool: today. Haven't read a single book nor watched the series. Hope the gamble pays off.
You'll be hooked for months, though the story is presented in such a way that you must really invest your imagination and concentration initially.

I'm saving money to buy a Kindle now. Can't afford the paper books as I want to read a lot of classics and those are free in their electronic versions.

Is Game of Thrones a complete book series or is the author still writing. I was avidly reading The Sword of Truth series and was on the 7th book when the author died without finishing the story. He had written 12 or 14 books in that series IIRC but I never got the inclination to continue with that series once I heard the news of his demise. It was a very interesting series and would have loved to see it end. There was a TV series based on it as well - The Legend of The Seeker but that didnt too well either and was cancelled as well.

Is Game of Thrones a complete book series or is the author still writing. I was avidly reading The Sword of Truth series and was on the 7th book when the author died without finishing the story. He had written 12 or 14 books in that series IIRC but I never got the inclination to continue with that series once I heard the news of his demise. It was a very interesting series and would have loved to see it end. There was a TV series based on it as well - The Legend of The Seeker but that didnt too well either and was cancelled as well.
There are 5 books published as of yet out of the planned 7. The author (GRRM) is apparently bit by the 'perfectionist bug' and takes a lot of time writing the novels, and hence takes his own time writing the novels. He initially planned it as a trilogy, but the sheer amount of material that he wanted to cover made him to split book one into two and also heavily edit the book two (released as book three). Then the next book was so momentous that he had to split it into two books (Book 4 and 5) and release the story in parts split by the regions they take place in - this pissed off a lot of fans as they had to wait a total of 11 years just to read one complete 'book'. The next book is probably coming by next year's end or maybe early 2015. The final book is planned to be released somewhere in 2019 - GRRM is healthy as of now and and he feels that he won't die before he finishes the series. He has already made up the ending in his head; he needs to only fill in the details in between.

I came in late to the party, but can't control my excitement for the next book even though it is years away. I say it is never too late to get in; it is the finest fantasy adventure of our generation you'll ever experience.

There are 5 books published as of yet out of the planned 7. The author (GRRM) is apparently bit by the 'perfectionist bug' and takes a lot of time writing the novels, and hence takes his own time writing the novels. He initially planned it as a trilogy, but the sheer amount of material that he wanted to cover made him to split book one into two and also heavily edit the book two (released as book three). Then the next book was so momentous that he had to split it into two books (Book 4 and 5) and release the story in parts split by the regions they take place in - this pissed off a lot of fans as they had to wait a total of 11 years just to read one complete 'book'. The next book is probably coming by next year's end or maybe early 2015. The final book is planned to be released somewhere in 2019 - GRRM is healthy as of now and and he feels that he won't die before he finishes the series. He has already made up the ending in his head; he needs to only fill in the details in between.

I came in late to the party, but can't control my excitement for the next book even though it is years away. I say it is never too late to get in; it is the finest fantasy adventure of our generation you'll ever experience.

Sounds just like The Sword of Truth. Has anyone read any of the books of that series. They just kept getting bigger and bigger and the story kept getting interesting and weirder. Started off as a guy with a sword and turned into a story of Wizards and Dragons and what nots. But the plot of each book was so meticulously planned that one could never get bored.

I checked this out and the author is apparently still alive. It was the cover artist who died, the author (Terry Goodkind) is doing well and fine. I think you may have got this confused with the Wheel of Time series.

Now started reading 'Shantaram'.

I'm looking for Marathi version of the book to buy. The reason is I want to read it in a language that captures the essence of Mumbai.
When the translator (Aparna Velankar) went to meet Gregory David Roberts before publication, his first question was how do 'Shantaram' and 'Prabhakar' talk to each other. And he was very happy when the reply was both the friends use expletives such as 'b****c***', 'b******' etc.
That's the we talk, right? ;) "How are you, sister******" sounds so artificial.:D

I've recently started reading "India After Gandhi" by Ramchandra Guha.
There's a lot to learn about contemporary India through this book.

I just completed the Siva trilogy. For all its flaws i'm still grateful i read it since it i've become extremely curious about Indian mythology now and want to read up on that.

Any recommended books?

I just completed the Siva trilogy. For all its flaws i'm still grateful i read it since it i've become extremely curious about Indian mythology now and want to read up on that.

Any recommended books?
The Krishna Key (present day thriller based on myths/history)

Back