The "Buy it For Life" Thread

raksrules

Elite
Taking inspiration from the subreddit by similar name, I have opened this thread. I would encourage members here to list down the stuff they own and think that it comes in the "buy It for life" category.
Couple of important things I would like to mention are

• Preferably avoid electronics as we all know they are designed with planned obsolescence.
  • List products that are actually still available in market. So listing something your parents bought in 1980 and is no longer available doesn't really help potential buyers.
I will start with mine.

Everki Atlas Backpack - https://www.everki.com/us_en/p/atla...-inch-to-17-3-inch-adaptable-compartment.html

Back in 2017, when I was in US and my Swiss Gear backpack (which lasted me like 8 years) got worn out a lot, I was searching for a good quality backpack and was fully planning to buy Swiss gear only. But I stumbled upon this brand which was expensive than Swiss gear and after reading lots of reviews, bought the above linked 17.3" compatible backpack. It cost me $112 in Jan 2017 when I bought it and it is now 7.5 years and still this thing looks brand new and it has seen really rough days and being packed to brim and stretched and what not. This is my primary office bag. It seems to really use super tough materials. There is no tear, no color fading, nothing giving way, all zippers intact.

Stock pics:

bag1.jpg bag3.jpg bag2.jpg

My actual backpack:

IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPGIMG_0006.JPGIMG_0007.JPG

Last edited:
Back