The Darkness II - Discussion Thread

#Ecstasy - please do a search before creating new threads. This isn't the first time you are creating duplicate threads.

Ohh... didn't notice this thread before. Alright, will do.
<

Started the title yesterday and the first thing I notice is the beautiful cel-shaded graphics! I think the last time I noticed similar visuals were in Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions and Borderlands.
<

I loved the gore and violence as well! Extremely brutal with those tentacles. Should be able to complete it over the weekend and continue Asura's Wrath later.

Completed the game on hitman difficulty, game is ok. Does not offer anything new while player progresses. Visually looks good, no doubt about that.

Oh boy I am loving the gameplay and combat as it progresses. The darkling sequence and Jackie's illusions were pretty awesome!

Got a boner during the brother sequence! A couple of times.
<

Whoops! Brothel indeed.
<

Btw are all those sequences done with mo-cap? I mean there's no way those can be animated you know! And what voice acting man! Just brilliant.

Whoops! Brothel indeed.
<

Btw are all those sequences done with mo-cap? I mean there's no way those can be animated you know! And what voice acting man! Just brilliant.

Exactly the best thing I liked about this game was authentic voice acting!

I envy those actor who did the mo-cap sequences
<
But wait what if two men had done that
<

They can be animated. But I'm not sure if that scene has been motion captured or not.

Coming to the voice acting part, like I said before, it's spot-on. Everything feels natural and matches each characters persona. Besides, it's got that Italian mobster-esque accents, so that makes it even more bad-ass.
<

Completed the game sometime back and it was one HELL of a ride! Loved it thoroughly.
<

Brilliant brilliant game worth a definite playthrough. In fact I loved this over the first title, possibly owing to the killer voice acting, narratives and the cel-shaded visuals. Storyline was very good. Combat was insane with all the blood, gore, dismemberment, darkness powers, dark tentacles, yada yada. Those hallucination sequences were so nicely done with bit-perfect soundtracks. Easily one of the better FPS titles I have played in a while.
<

Ending was sort of predictable and I chose to go with this one:

Jump to hell to rescue Jenny's soul from the Darkness and expected Angelus to turn up but not the way I saw her on the screen! That looked so like the '80s.
<

Jep! A bunch of panzy-ass missions which are completed in a span of 10-15 mins, with no real motive at all. Even on the highest difficulty (Don), it feels like a cake-walk. So yeah...it blows.

Back