The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Not worth the trouble. Very very unstable right now. Better to wait for a couple of days.

31st / New years their eta.

Can anyone tell iPhone 4 price in US and is it possible to get a contracted one for people on tourist visa. Kindly advice asap.

No news and i would advise everybody to look for a iPhone 4 from a unlocked carrier and not a locked carrier. Been waiting for last 3 months with a piece locked with AT&T.

^^ Yea man, i was seriously expecting the unlock to be out before 2011. So are you holding on to it ? and in case you decide to sell it, where would you try?

Guys need help.

One of my friend has iphone 4 locked with AT & T. can it be unlocked and if yes , please share links or anything helpful.
The Iphone is having IOS 4.1 and firmware 2.10.xx.

TIA

^ your friend will regret the decision for a long time, possibly forever. Look at the post that is 2 posts above your's.

^^
Yes I have read the Switch's post and understood that the latest OS is not yet unlocked , but not sure with IOS version and firmware.
Not a apple fan so don't know much about apple products. But what I read on net and in this thread that IOS 4.1 can be jailbroken but can't be unlocked till now

The only Iphone 4 baseband that can be unlocked till now is the 1.59.00. These phones are all but extinct. None of the teams right now have a unlock for BB 2.10.04 (which is FW 4.1) and the BB 3.1 (Which is FW 4.2.1). The unlock that is currently being worked on stays active for about 5 minutes, and then loop backs to locked. The baseband crash's found initially are all a no go (both 2.10.04 and 5.14), which is the main reason why BB 5.14 unlock wasnt implemented the way it should be. Plan right now is to explore downgrade options (but it looks futile). I believe(not sure) this is the first time that even after 2 FW releases from Apple, there is no unlock available. All Iphone 4 and Ipads sold by apple are currently on FW 4.2.1.

My recommendation would be to stay away from locked Iphone 4 at all costs. With no complete untethered JB of 4.2.1, an unlock is out of the question. Wait 2 weeks after FW 4.3 hits the public and then reevaluate .

TOOK a iphone 4 Factory Unlocked 16GB a week back

Price - Dont ask as i wont tell :p

Upgraded from 2g to 4

Njoi ... need any help ask

You guys are making me nervous. :-(

Should i hold or sell it?

Waiting for a JB for iOS 4.2.1 and BB 3.10.01.

Currently using it as a glorified ipod and surfing on wi-fi and of course downloading some stupid apps from the appstore.

^ ^ Who would want to buy a locked Iphone 4? Only someone who has an ATnT connection. I cant answer that question, because Iphone 5 launch is still a very speculative date. If I have any news that It will be releasing this year, I would ask you to sell it. But since no such confirmed news is around the corner, I cant suggest anything im afraid =(

If you can find a seller who's offering a good price, sell it. If not, just hold on to it. 4.3 should be out end of this month, speculating it based on Verizon's Iphone launch (we will know tmw, Tuesday). So lets see how it goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back