The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey,

i have a AT&T locked iphone4 4.2.1

Using gevey sim but the issue is that i loose signal every 2 hours and have to restore the settings again .

Any idea whats the issue?Am using vodafone carrier

My aunt got herself an iPhone 4 recently, its unlocked she says but she cant seem to figure out how to go about getting the micro sim for it? Any pointers?

Microsim is generally provided by some carriers upon request. But if thats not possible then she can get the original sim 'cut' according to microsim dimensions by any decent mobile shopper. There are these cutters available with them. They hardly charge 20-30bucks !

One of my friend got airtel microsim, it was actually normal sim made microsim with sim cutter. Don't know about vodaphone ......

Just need a quick re-confirmation guys..

I'm planning to upgrade a software unlocked iPhone 4 running 4.0.1 (Baseband 1.59) to 4.3.3 using Pwnage Tool 4.3.3..

Checking the 'Activate Carrier" option is enough to preserve my baseband + update right, or do I need to go through any of that TinyUmbrella stuff?

A friend of mine selling his iP4 at just 22k :D [bought in Dec 2010], I have almost decided to buy it :)

So do I have to use Apple GPRS plan only or is there any work around ? Also what if I use Docomo or Uninor for internet ?

EDIT : Found that there is an app called APN Editing. and also this - http://www.unlockit.co.nz

So I think I am not doomed :hap5:

^ APN editing works perfectly .Using it on vodafone network with 99Rs./2GB/1month plan . You will need it only if your network provider doesn't let iPhone users subscribe to normal EDGE plans.

WWDC 2011 announced by Apple to be held on June 6th. Any predictions about what changes will they bring to iOS? Plus if there will be a new iPhone this year?

sehej said:
WWDC 2011 announced by Apple to be held on June 6th. Any predictions about what changes will they bring to iOS? Plus if there will be a new iPhone this year?
ofcourse i think they are gonna announce iphone 4s or iphone 5, as well as ipad 3 and the ios 5

swastikrj said:
ofcourse i think they are gonna announce iphone 4s or iphone 5, as well as ipad 3 and the ios 5
HE will also announce that he iss retiring and making me the CEO .

Why on earth would he announce ipad3 doing so he will be killing his own market and iphone4s/5 not going to happen as white iphone4 just got released and Verizon got iphone4 just few months back.

Metalspree said:
HE will also announce that he iss retiring and making me the CEO .

Why on earth would he announce ipad3 doing so he will be killing his own market and iphone4s/5 not going to happen as white iphone4 just got released and Verizon got iphone4 just few months back.
maybe you are right but isnt it like this - every year they announce a new iphone version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back