The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes....just now received a mail from them(AT&T) that my phone is eligible for unlock. As per instructions I updated itune to latest (800mb downloaded in 30mins), done backup and restore and VOILA!!!

"Congratulation your iphone has been unlocked" msg appeared on itune. Feeling super today
gap.gif

hmmm..but now I need a microsim to test the unlock..whic carrier is providing microsim in india ? else i will have to cut my failtel sim.

great man congratulations
clapping.gif
..................when did you call AT&T?

I called them on the 12th.....................they said to wait till the 20th.no mail yet. keepin my fingers crossed.

great man congratulations
clapping.gif
..................when did you call AT&T?

I called them on the 12th.....................they said to wait till the 20th.no mail yet. keepin my fingers crossed.

I called them on 10th i guess, they said we will mail you on 19th april but today i received the mail, customer care lady was so nice.

That's news. Will do some research. Thanks
happy19.gif

I've been getting my iPhone, charger and earbuds replaced since 2010 via Redington only.

Apple India has delegated Redignton to provide service support for iPod, iPad, iPhone and Macs.

Blackberry, Acer, HP are also serviced by 'em.

They've specifically mentioned in the service centre that "ONLY iPODS and iPADS bought from foreign countries will be entertained. No foreign iPhones"

Which number to call for requesting unlock for iPhone 4?

I tried 1800 335 4685 and 1800 331 0500 but got

Invalid number message.

These numbers I hope are toll free.

Please post the customer care number to call from India

Thanks

Mahesh

Which number to call for requesting unlock for iPhone 4? I tried 1800 335 4685 and 1800 331 0500 but got Invalid number message. These numbers I hope are toll free. Please post the customer care number to call from India Thanks Mahesh

I called 1800 331 0500 using VoIP from my office
<
Try using Skype, fi you don't have access to VoIP and yes those are toll free numbers.

Hey guys , My cousin got a iphone 4s from the US locked to some carrier at&amp;t i guess. He is stuck on the activation required thing. I know about the gevey sim. So inserting that sim with the normal gsm sim will bypass that activation page? Could someone please help me with this then i will order the sim from the net. PM me regarding this. Thank You.

You will have to activate using AT&amp;T sim only and that too in US.

Those AT&amp;T people are not entertaining the non AT&amp;T customers properly but if someone having AT&amp;T service can try for my iPhone's IMEI number and try to see if they can get it unlocked.

I don't think that should be a problem coz I'm not AT&amp;T customer and called from India to unlock my phone and they did it
gap.gif

#[member='jai_hoo'] - Thanks for the help & instructions. I just called & I am asked to wait till next tuesday.

And man, really ! These women know how to talk with customers ! Very nice talking with the rep.

I had requested AT&T to unlock my iPhone 4 and finally have got email saying that my phone is eligible for unlock and they sent me the details and instructions. The usual restore and all.

Now my phone is already unlocked with ultra snow as my baseband is 1.59.00. Due to this reason I do not want to risk by restoring etc. someone on slick deals suggested that I use the deactivate option in redsnow and then connect my iPhone to iTunes and it should try to re-activate the phone and at that time I should ideally get the message that the phone is unlocked.

Want to ask if anyone has done this and it is safe to do this deactivate thing and is there any rollback method or something unexpected happens. I just do not want to do that restore and all and risk updating the iOS automatically. I have never done this restore and all and all this is unchartered territory for me.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

#raksrules u worry too much for everything man. ATT have given u unlock code. Just restore the phone and follow the steps they have sent u. Its not like a 3rd party have sent it.

What can probably happen is a unlocked phone and yeah stop reading too much of slickdeals.

Shouldn't take more than 2 working days.

After 48 hrs of calling att, People who have jbroken can install samprefs, deactivate via Sam and try to connect to iTunes, disconnect and reconnect to iTunes , it should give u unlock MSG.

Still getting not a valid number message for 1800 331 0500.. is there anyway to call this number from mobile phone?? or is there any pre/post fix to go through???

got impatient so called up referring to the case number.they assured me it will be unlocked by the 20th.................... so the wait goes on

Yep , unlock only for out of contract phones.

Untether JB of 5.1 is already there but not released. Someone's ego needs to be satisfied before he releases it. Probably, he won't release it.

I am not going to do restore or anything as of now because I just checked using a Link mentioned on slickdeals about getting the status of the iPhone from apple's database and as per that the phone is still locked to AT&T network. Unless I get this cleared by talking to AT&T I am not going to risk anything.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Ok so i did the deactivate using Redsn0w and activate using iTunes and i got the message that phone is unlocked. But now i get only single bar no matter what SIM or network i try. Google and modmyi forum told me that it is an issue with 1.59.00 firmware and iOS 5+. Only solution is either Ultrasn0w which in my case is not that useful or update to later iOS version and thus update the baseband and fix the issue.

Now i have never done this backup restore stuff or updated iOS so how do i go ahead ensuring that after the iOS update i still have my data and contacts etc intact ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back